Feel like everyone hates me

mortensorchid

I have been thinking about this recently. Not just the dating world but things in general. Is it just me or are people more critical of others than they were not too long ago? I always feel that I am being pushed and plucked and looked up and down as if I am a prize cow by others. I have taken a new stance which is not to say a word unless otherwise spoken to.

I just avoid most people now but that's impossible to do so if you want to have any kind of a job anymore. You have to have contact with the public somehow to make money. People have said in the past that I am capable of so much more, that I hide my light under a basket, that I am insecure. True? Yes, it is. Because the minute I start acting g as if I am worthy of something other than what is before me, people tell me I am a snob and not worthy like I originally thought.

What to do? Keep moving forward.

Is it just me or are people more critical of others than they were not too long ago?

Hi mortensorchid

The answer to this is both yes and no. People have always been critical, the difference now is that people have become more direct about their criticisms. They don't hide behind their hands whispering and giggling so much anymore...now, they just blurt everything out.

This definitely has it's advantages as well as its disadvantages. You're told straight so you may fix whatever has been an issue and move on. But also, it all can feel a little like mental diarrhea to a sensitive soul.

I will advise this...please, please, please try to adapt as much as possible to times as they change. You don't have to compromise your beliefs, but you can't collapse under the weight of changes in society either. You can begin by practicing quick, witty replies to people who seem rude or ignorant to you. That way, you're fighting back. Please don't crumble and cave under the pressure.

It really is all our responsibilities to stay in touch with the times. You may not like it all, but don't become a willowy recluse who pines for the quaintness of bygone days....there's a reason they're called by-gone....they've passed by - they've gone.

Practical steps? Get more involves in pop culture. Spend a small measure of time each day checking out the latest pop hits, buy a novelty weekly magazine and glance through the pages, listen to an up-to-date radio station when driving, take fashions and styles into consideration and see if any of them appeal to you. Learn social media 'talk'. Reach out to new people on social media (you may even try this with an anonymous page at first).

Basically, lift your focus out of the past...you're drowning in it right now and unable to see any good things about the new world around you. Eventually, with balance, you'll learn to appreciate the new ways of this world while still being able to reminisce of the olden days.

I wish you luck,

When you suffer from any type of insecurity or low self esteem it's easy to take the slightest things as personal attacks. When you don't feel good about yourself your perspective indicates to you that every one agrees with your negative self assessment. Similarly when you are up & on top of the world it's easier to let things roll of your back.

I certainly haven't figured out the secret to getting past the bad days, but I have at least learned to acknowledge that maybe my conclusions are skewed because I'm in a bad place.

Step one is to say "tomorrow will be a better day" then wipe the slate clean so you start fresh & optimistically every morning.

Keep in mind that a certain degree of criticism is healthy. You can only be everybody's darling if you don't stand up for yourself. The question is not whether people are critical of you or not, but whether it is the right amount of criticism from the right people. You will have to make at least some people angry in order to succeed.