Experience with Hypomania

Bipolar I is known to most as episodes of deep depression and episodes of extreme mania. There are tons of books, articles and discussions about this subject.

There is another condition which is referred to as Bipolar II :episodes of deep depression and episodes of "hypomania."

Hypomania is Mania's "third cousin," or "Mania Lite."

In any case, throughout my life I've had many MANY episodes of depression on a variety of levels too many to count and several (maybe ten) episodes of "hypomania."

Hypomania is very sneaky and tricky since at first it feels like you're just in a really "good mood." It's a nice relief from all the daily sadness but soon that good mood takes a turn and brings you down a weird and shaky road.

Now that I'm feeling nice and even I'm able to really look at my hypomania. I've been reading some stuff about it. Next time the feeling comes I want to be able to nip it in the bud and not let it take me over. It's a scary feeling to know that my thoughts can betray me at any moment. I like to be in control of myself and my feelings.

Does anyone else have experience with hypomania? If you do what do you do to stop it in its tracks?

• Author
i've had this, vitamin and mineral therapy was the answer.

I've read fish oil can help so I'm going to try that. What other vitamins help?

Meditation helps me.

RecentChange

Both NPR and they BBC just ran some interesting stories about micro dosing to control mental illness.

SF City arts and lectures just had an interesting pod cast on the subject as well.

• Like 1
  • Author
Read up on magnesium. It calms the brain among other things.

Thanks for the tip!

Both NPR and they BBC just ran some interesting stories about micro dosing to control mental illness.

SF City arts and lectures just had an interesting pod cast on the subject as well.

I'll see if their posted on youtube.