Just getting to know me, is something wrong?

Just wondering Im getting to know myself. Learning about myself spiritually and emotionally and stuff but Im like 31 years old. I figure I should already have been through that since in my teens or early twenties atleast. But there isn't much I can do about figuring out stuff late. Is this normal?

No nothing's wrong with you.

We all have our "journey" in this life, and our "journey" can vary based on environment, exposure, etc.

IMO, 30's is when we start pulling it all together...even though we can still discover stuff about ourselves till we die, still 30's is a time in our lives when we are in a better place (i.e. job, education, relationships) to finally sit back and look at ourselves with confidence and ability to dissect what makes us tick.

For me it was late 20's, and I consider myself a smart gal, mature than others beyond my age - especially when I had to grow up instead of enjoy a childhood.

Look at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. We usually go through some steps in personal development (food, security, relationships) before we can be ready for deep and spiritual enlightenment.

Well wishes :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Ok cool. I just wanted an opinion cause I know teen years is when maturity peeks, if not earlier. But for me, I have a mild intellectual disability. Or So I was told. So, Ya and I didn't know I had it, I found out in my late teens then started to kind of reflect back in years what was going on in my life and such, and started figuring out maybe why I was acting like this and did that or said that. And ya. I just started being mindful. Realizing I have feelings and that Im someone and deserve respect and to be treated equaly. I thought people usually know this as children or early teens. But thanks for clarifying with me that it's ok to figure out who you are late. Its better late than never.

Edited by knockout33
GunslingerRoland

Some people stop maturing in their teens, but for many we keep maturing for years afterwards.

I think it's sad that you didn't realize that you were worthy of respect and equality though... I do think that is an important thing to be taught to children.

I think this happens to a lot of people. Anyone who has never not been on their own, lived by themselves, once they finally are alone and without influences, will learn a LOT about who they really are without the distractions, the compromises, the influence of another person.