I thought I was doing okay...but over the Christmas holiday I noticed something about myself that I don't like.

I am harboring anger and resentment.

I am angry at my mom for being so selfish and self serving. She lives in a fantasy world of books and movies.. Many times she thinks its all about her..

I am angry at my husband because he has let himself go health wise and has ballooned to up over 300 pounds and doesn't seem to care. He has COPD and other health issues. He doesn't want to do anything much outside of our home other than go out to eat. He is not a social person.

I am angry at myself because as I sit home with husband over the holiday, I see friends and other family members on social media having parties and fun times. and I wanna do that. We moved to a rural area years ago cause he wanted to live in the country. If I plan to entertain or have any functions I have to borrow a place in town close to my friends cause they really don't wanna drive the distance (30 miles) my house. I don't blame them. Its a lot to ask of someone when especially they can't drive good at night and the gathering is in the evening.

I hate feeling so angry about stuff like this. I think It maybe the start of other underlying feelings. I think I need some counseling of some sort..

• Like 1
I think I need some counseling of some sort..

Yes, you need to talk to someone, otherwise you may start feeling unfulfilled and resentful.

You're important.

Find out what you want.

Structure a plan and work towards it.

Good Luck :)

• Like 1

I think you are seeing the results of some choices you made or ways you let your life take you. Your husband isn't social. Since you are, that was a bad choice. You moved to the country. If you want more social interaction, that was a bad choice. I think you're mad at yourself -- except for about your mother. If you weren't a little mad at your mother, you wouldn't be normal!