Ho'oponopono prayer for forgiveness

Ho'oponopono is a Hawaiian practice of forgiveness. It means "to make right."

The practice consists of repeating four phrases:

"I love you.

I'm sorry.

Please forgive me.

Thank you."

This can be used in reconciling with yourself, with others, with anything.

I've found it to be very healing.

The following is a link to a ho'oponopono meditation that you can follow if you're interested. :)

Edited by sooshi
  • Like 2

Hi Sooshie, no one has told me that I've hurt or betrayed them, so I don't think I'm in need of forgiveness. Rather, there are plenty of people who have hurt and betrayed me, especially my family who blame me for my paedophile grandfather abusing me.

• Author

Hi truthtripper,

I am saddened to hear that you have been hurt and betrayed by many, and for the trauma you have endured.

In your case, you could try the ho'oponopono practice, using these words as the intention for healing, changing them as you see deem suitable.

"I love you, truthtripper.

I am so sorry that you have been holding onto the hurt and betrayal for so long. I am so sorry you've taken the blame for something that was not your fault.

Please forgive me.

I love you, truthtripper. You are worthy of peace and love."

The point is to find forgiveness within yourself for holding onto the harmful energetic power of the pain, betrayal, and blame. Holding on to the beliefs that X has hurt you and that Y has betrayed you does not serve you in your best interest anymore, although it might have for a time. Try out the practice. Repeat the phrases over and over again, and see what happens. You can use the meditation I linked to.