A Question I've Been Asking Myself

I am an 18 year old male. I just graduated high School and am off into the real world.. but there's a problem.. I seem to always be the one to be stuck in the mud.. This is an issue that has occurred in my later years of high school. I had one goal in life to play college football and move on into the league. I was a very good player in High School but lacked size making me be a bench warmer.. that same year my team went to states and won the title.. a lot of my teammates got offers for college but me. I just felt like everything I work for I some how miss the opportunity.. another example is the job I had.. I didn't really like the pay and the duties I was given for it.. so I left for a better job that ****ed me.. not a month later all of the things I was not liking at my old job got changed.. its like I always seem to miss the mark, make wrong decisions and it sucks.. so now I am currently unemployed and it pisses me off.. I just want to be okay.. like I told me self when I graduate everything will be better.. now I am graduated and something else is wrong like I can never have a balance.. like some people.. I can never just be happy with my life.. and I don't know how to change It.. my girlfriend had a great high school experience played varsity 4 years in a row and is a supervisor who makes 15 an hour.. like that's a life.. not that I'm jealous but for example .. with her being very successful at 18 and looking at my success makes me question if I'm right for her.. like she's too good for me.

I love her so much and its not me being jealous or upset but I just want the best for her and I don't think I'm the best.. she get mad when I tell her this but its how I feel.. like being with makes me feel like a looser because I cant match her success.. I'm just a broke bum looking for a minimum wage paying job...

any thoughts?

scooby-philly

I can't relate directly to you - I wasn't seriously dating in my teens. I won't tell you to join this or try that.

I won't even try and convince you just to be yourself.

I will say that I've learned that I need to listen better, work things out (either in my head or through conversations), and also accept what happens I can't control all of the time.

for example - maybe someone could have told you that things at your old job would be changing if you talked to them about it. Maybe no one would have, maybe the person you talked with would not have known. But it's important to have "allies" and to see and hear things from different perspective.

Just a thought man. Find friends/allies and you'll be surprised.