What are some positives to not wanting to date anymore?

circlesinfinity

Hello everyone,

I would like your opinions about positive reasons not to date anymore.

I am a very modest, humble, smart, talented and beautiful woman, I take very, very good care of myself so when I say this I am not being conceited.

I feel as though I am a very good catch and have been "better" than most of the men I've attracted in the past. In general, I feel "better" but not stuck up (if that makes any sense)

I say this because I am honestly a really great catch...

I believe in being faithful, was never wild, promiscuous, never took an interest in "bad boys"(those are not men, definitely boys), never was mean or disrespectful toward anyone...

Pretty much many good things I've done and no one has fit that mold. I feel as though I was supposed to be rewarded for all thses things later in life but it seems like society is attracted to drama.

I have never been and I am not even the type to even argue.

I just want to have guy friends and have develop into something more. I thought should I try this technique; we know a lot about each other and I will have a longer connection with them.

Anyway, any advice?

• Like 2

Usually that's when good things start to happen. My brother said he about gave up on dating and claims his gf is perfect now. Just focus on yourself and friends.

• Like 1

I think a sense of casual " getting to know the person" , is worth the time.

I neither ban relations nor do I encourage the anything goes attitude. Even keel brings results that at the end of the day you can be content.

I wish you well on living life on your terms... do it with understanding that friendships and good times can exist...

Hello everyone,

I would like your opinions about positive reasons not to date anymore.

I am a very modest, humble, smart, talented and beautiful woman, I take very, very good care of myself so when I say this I am not being conceited.

I feel as though I am a very good catch and have been "better" than most of the men I've attracted in the past. In general, I feel "better" but not stuck up (if that makes any sense)

I say this because I am honestly a really great catch...

I believe in being faithful, was never wild, promiscuous, never took an interest in "bad boys"(those are not men, definitely boys), never was mean or disrespectful toward anyone...

Pretty much many good things I've done and no one has fit that mold. I feel as though I was supposed to be rewarded for all thses things later in life but it seems like society is attracted to drama.

I have never been and I am not even the type to even argue.

I just want to have guy friends and have develop into something more. I thought should I try this technique; we know a lot about each other and I will have a longer connection with them.

Anyway, any advice?

You may want to reconsider the words "modest and humble" in your self description. Because you're so NOT modest and humble.

Having self value is a good thing when done in moderation, but frankly, you seem a little over the top in the self value stakes. Perhaps this is putting men off.

• Like 2
  • Author
circlesinfinity
You may want to reconsider the words "modest and humble" in your self description. Because you're so NOT modest and humble.

Having self value is a good thing when done in moderation, but frankly, you seem a little over the top in the self value stakes. Perhaps this is putting men off.

I don't think so, if I only want friends this should not put anyone off.:bunny:

• Author
circlesinfinity

I neither ban relations nor do I encourage the anything goes attitude. Even keel brings results that at the end of the day you can be content.

I wish you well on living life on your terms... do it with understanding that friendships and good times can exist...

Thank you:)

• Author
circlesinfinity
If you are happy with the idea then go for it!

No need to seek any validation from anyone else. Go with what you feel. :)

Thank you:cool:

• Author
circlesinfinity

You are right, thank you so much. I chose to stop dating because of issues from the way I grew up too. I think a friend would stick around longer too. I used to really search high and low for someone special but it really does not work out that way...not for me anyway.

Usually that's when good things start to happen. My brother said he about gave up on dating and claims his gf is perfect now. Just focus on yourself and friends.

I am so glad you shared this.:love: Thank you! I think it is better to just give it up because it is not worth it and everyone puts on facade when they date.

You are right, thank you so much. I chose to stop dating because of issues from the way I grew up too. I think a friend would stick around longer too. I used to really search high and low for someone special but it really does not work out that way...not for me anyway.

You are most welcome. And others who have travelled this path of stopping the search... seem to adjust and welcome a new life choice. I do not believe that when you stop searching it "suddenly"happens. I think timing and your place in life play a part. I sincerely support your attitude, its healthy . :)

If everything you wrote in the OP is true, you'd not be single for even one day of your life from early teens and on.

My guess would be that you're über picky. Particularly can see this from you mentioning you're better than most guys you attract.

I don't think so, if I only want friends this should not put anyone off.:bunny:

I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who has a full of themselves attitude.

Friends are supposed to be friendly, not holier than thou.

You don't sound modest at all actually.

• Like 1