Anxiety is the worst feeling in the world

As the title says...anxiety IS the worst feeling in the world

I've had it since I was a child, it's genetic I think, my dad has it as well.

It's the restlessness that drives me crazy about it, so weird, such a bad bad feeling I can't even explain..

I've been taking L-theanine for it and now I also quit drinking coffee, it really helps, I have less anxiety.

Honestly without the L-theanine I wouldn't know what to do, I started taking it for ADD and it turned out to be perfect for anxiety. Life was so different before..

What are your experiences with anxiety? How long have you had it and how do you deal with it?

whichwayisup

My anxiety isn't half as bad as it once was, I did CBT.

It is part of who I am, instead of viewing it as flaw, I embrace it!

Sure at times I still have some bad days, or bad hours here and there and that sucks when it does hit but I have the tools and knowledge now to handle it better and rebound back quicker.

Never took any meds (though I will google L-theanine) or anything, just CBT, yoga and meditation.

whichwayisup

Is there any side effects to L-theanine? How does it make you feel and how quickly does it work? do you have one pill a day?

I've had people (aka some family members) tell me to 'get on meds'. I am terrified of side effects. I'd rather feel what I'm feeling rather than be flattened out, and emotionless.

• Like 1
Search4clarity

I see it as more mental, (mind over matter), that we are animals, trained to react (like a cat to a dog, if YOU see yourself as a cat) but we can think at a higher level than animals, and we can learn to adapt and fake that we now see ourselves as the dog. In fact, the bull. The lion.

Like wizard of oz, the lion needed heart. It's all symbolism for what is really a truth, anxiety, is "fear".

Fear, is that long ago certain people may have been the targeted, the abused, the used, the taken advantage of.

In past history, we know this. We look in mirror today, see which historical figure we resemble, and if that historic photo was of them in a camp, dead, raped, victimized, we see what our animal place in society is...

But also, while you may improve yourself, so are those who see you as the threat. Like cats, who are innocent... yet, the propenents of neuterization become the foe. They too, will seek to improve themselves..

People with anxiety are often "very intellegent" but also very inactive in the game.

Thus, they are the analyst of the sports team, knows every player, every move, every fault.

Part of becoming "the lion" is to become stupid.

To ditch the intellegence, and go "go with it". If the stampede is running, YOU RUN.

• Author

Yeah..about that lion being stupid...sometimes I truly wish I was ignorant.

Life is so much easier for ignorant people :(

• Author
Is there any side effects to L-theanine? How does it make you feel and how quickly does it work? do you have one pill a day?

I've had people (aka some family members) tell me to 'get on meds'. I am terrified of side effects. I'd rather feel what I'm feeling rather than be flattened out, and emotionless.

If they try to put you on meds for anxiety or ADD, do not do it.

I don't know much about other mental issues and their drugs, but don't take anxiety drugs when you can take natural supplements which work just as fine.

L-theanine doesn't have side effects, it's a component from green tea, I believe the stuff that makes it bitter. If you have 20 cups a day you reach the effect of 1 tablet of 150 mg of L-theanine.

I usually have 1 tablet a day, for 150 mg, but now during stressful times I have 2. It starts working half an hour after taking it.

Great thing is, it opens the barrier in the brain to receive the serotonine (happiness hormone) that you would usually receive if you weren't an anxious person. That's all it does. So you continue to feel all your feelings, just your happiness hormone is not suppressed anymore.

It's really something wonderful, I found it all by myself no shrink will ever tell you this. Farmaceutics don't make money out of it seeee...