Is there anyone who has or is reading Codependent No More? I'm re-reading it now. It's been at least ten years since I last read the book. This time, it really hits home!!! I can only take 5 or 6 pages at a time. Is it just me or are there others out there?

• Like 2
travelbug1996

Love Love Love all her books. This one especially showed me how to mind my own business and take the focus off what someone is or isn't doing. Her "Guide through the 12 steps of Codependency" is my all time favorite.

Life changing.

• Author

I've never heard of that one, I'll have to read it once I finish Codependent No More. This one is really pretty tough for me. Maybe I should have started with Guide. I've just come off of a ten year relationship breakup and a move across the country. My whole life has changed and I'm in the position to really work on myself, which hasn't always come easy for me.

Thanks for your reply, I can use all the support I can get. :)

• Author

I just finished Codependent No More. I think I'll read it again and take it to therapy with me. It was a revelation at the very least. I saw myself in those pages and I'm afraid I have a long recovery ahead. I've been codependent for a long, long time.

Is this a good place for support?

• Like 1

Read it years ago.... Oddly After going the opposite direction, I had to learn the civility of being Inter Dependent in this world. Which is a balancing act. To know when to ask for guidance without it being unhealthy. Or giving without it being enabling. It takes wisdom in many aspects. Best to you in your journey!

• Like 1
  • Author

My sister in law, the psychotherapist, mentioned interdependent to me the other day. Funny, I thought that's what I was trying to accomplish throughout my 3 marriages, whom were all alcoholic.

I'm diagnosed manic depressive and codependent. This is gonna be some recovery and I'm on my way. I think : )

• 2 weeks later...
travelbug1996

Try to find a local CODA meeting in your area. You can google it. I used to make the meetings and they were as awesome as the books. Good people in the meetings genuinely getting healthy.