Why does it take me a while for things to hit me ?

I suffer from short term memory loss. For instance lets say I plan to empty the garbage bag before going to work. I could easily forget about it and remember when I already left the house. They are countless times when I would forget to put my lunch in my bag for work etc. Its crazy

In addition, what bothers me the most it takes me a while for things to sink in. When my mom passed away, i didn't cry but it then hit me years later. Lets say if someone says something to me that offend me or that got under my skin, i get tongue tied and cant think of any good come back but then later on I start thinking of things I could have said and I would be like dam I should have said this and that but I don't think of those things at the spot when it happens. I hate this about myself. How can I change ?

MissMoneyPenny

I don't really know the answer to your question but..

Everything you have listed happens to us all at times (well it happens to me at least!) but it seems you are concerned it is happening too often. Are you being too hard on yourself? Do you need to just shrug these things off when they happen or do you really think they are happening too often?

Would you class yourself as a 'thinker'? Do you tend to ponder on things?

I would suggest.. Relax. Be kinder to yourself. When you forget to take the trash out just shrug it off as normal forgetfulness. Maybe this more relaxed view on things will help you to be more focused.

• Like 2