Well, i have never used make up. I only used lip balm at night. But since now im going to university and loads of girls are putting it on, i dont really care about it before but is it weird that im not doing this? is it important? :confused:.

And erm if i do, which one should i start with? i like something like delicate, mild style

sdrawkcaB ssA

No need to, and you may find guys more open to date you. You are a bit rare and natural beauty trumps makeup every time. Though, seeing a womam be strong enough to accept who she is physically and not bothered by following others to be accepted, has its marets. Enjoy who you are, and show your naked face... who knows how many women will be so envious.

• Like 3

More valuable drinking time.

It's not weird to not wear makeup, especially in school. Spend that extra time sleeping or studying.
  • Like 3
sdrawkcaB ssA
ok what about if i go to job interview? lol. The main point is not to date guys -_-

It depends on the job you are applying for.

Fresh clean look to match the dress code and your interview cloths will work.

But if your doing public relations make up there and there but not too much. Gosh, I remember being at Ulta, the girl at the counter was eeeeeeeeeww! Way too much makeup. Like caked on and hideous. Don't know if a blind person hired her or what. Just freaked me out bad!

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

I think realistically a little make-up skill would really help.

The problem is, you NEVER use or it or have any experience with it. So one day you're going to be in a wedding, or go to some event, where it is appropriate and expected to be "dressed up"....and even though you said you never needed it, you need it now. And then you will have no idea what you're doing and you'll have some person that has no idea what they're doing themselves, do your make-up for you and because you don't know any better you might come out looking like a camel with make-up, and even think it actually looks good.

I'd say take some advice from women who actually do their make-up well (check youtube or learn from someone experienced) and just practice applying some small amounts...these women have the make-up in the right spots, it's not going crazy or all over the place doing some sh*tty design with a face that looks like a halloween mask or a typically teenager.

Just do the face lightly, get good with the eyes, and learn what colors go well with your skin tone...it doesn't need to be crazy, but I think you should definitely know how to apply make-up, if I was a woman I'd be all over it even if throughout my normal life I just didn't wear any or much.

For the record, I prefer women that wear a light make-up...if they're wearing too much it's just too much going on for me. In my eyes THIS is how women look with too much make-up

ok what about if i go to job interview? lol. The main point is not to date guys -_-

It probably depends on what sort of job interview you're going for. I'm sure plenty of women wear makeup to interviews, but you have to be REALLY good at doing the 'enhanced but natural' look, which is much more difficult to achieve than the 'made up' look. If you're unsure, it's probably better to err on the side of prudence when it comes to job interviews.

Personally I can't really wear full-face makeup due to allergies, and I don't have the patience or money to try dozens of products to find one that works. I've been to a few job and scholarship interviews and had no problems with going barefaced.

Also, on that point: money. As a student you probably don't have much of it, and decent makeup is typically expensive. You can experiment here and there if you want to but it isn't really necessary IMO.

I agree with ninja. I NEVER wore makeup, had little to no experience wearing makeup, but have learned to wear some.

Its actually somewhat of a blessing now in my *ahem* later years LOL.

Learn to use a little foundation, lip color, neutral eye color. It really brings out your face and makes you look like you didn't just roll out of bed. Then you can learn to apply a little color and darken up your eyes a bit for evenings and events.

I'm not a huge makeup person either. A freshly scrubbed clean face is beautiful.

If you want to enhance yourself a little makeup can be an asset. First you need to learn to put it on. As my mother said, do not put it on with a trowel.

Find a friend whose make up you like & ask her for help & tips. Go to a makeup counter at the mall or to a MaryKay rep & get hints. (Be careful with the sellers because they want you to buy their products). Practice makes perfect

A little eye liner & mascara are great places to start. A lightly tinted lip balm will do double duty as a bit of color plus moisturizer.

Use a delicate hand. You don't need "everything": concealer, foundation, eye shadow, false eyelashes, blush, lipstick etc.

• Like 2
mercuryshadow

If you just want to even out your skin tone a bit, try a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. You can also get a lip balm/cheek color that is two in one shot (I think Benefit has a few). If you want your eyes to stand out, a light coat of mascara on your top lashes, focusing on the outer lashes looks very natural and not over done.

Wear make-up only for times you want to look polished--jobs interviews and the like--but forgo it other times.

IME, it's just not good for your skin.

When you do wear it, opt for mineral powders. Less pore clogging.

Also, I was born with dusky colouring (think, Nicole Scherzinger...or Victor Mature :() and am happy with the Escentual Minerals line.

It has good stuff if your skin has yellow undertones.

Look for things with SPF built in. And wear your sunscreen!

IMO, protecting one's self from the sun is the best beauty tip.

• Like 7

My "polished" look is: a little mascara on the top lashes, eyebrows defined with pencil (mine are very light), and lip color. I might wear eye shadow and eyeliner a couple times a year for a party atmosphere, but never to work or interviews.

And I'm employed :)

• Like 3

I wear absolutely no makeup, and I just recently got a job as an engineer. So, to be honest, I personally don't think it matters. Perhaps it's the confidence that comes from feeling beautiful by wearing makeup?

The only issue I find with not wearing makeup is looking 5 years younger than I actually am..

• Like 1
Well, i have never used make up. I only used lip balm at night. But since now im going to university and loads of girls are putting it on, i dont really care about it before but is it weird that im not doing this? is it important? :confused:.

And erm if i do, which one should i start with? i like something like delicate, mild style

You don't have to use makeup if you don't want to.

If you don't care about it then don't feel pressured into wearing it.

I wear makeup because I like it! I've always been into it since I was a little girl. In my freshman year of college I really started to learn more about it and learn about proper tools, different types, how to apply it and then my abilities grew as I watched videos, read more, went to makeup counters and asked questions, bought products. This had little to do with other people, in fact, among my friends, even to this day, I'm probably the most knowledgeable about makeup. Most of my friends don't wear it unless it is a special occasion, i.e. formal event, or wear the bare minimum like eyeliner or maybe lipstick while my collection is more like a makeup artist's collection...even though I don't wear it daily.Usually just on the weekend or if I feel like it during the week.

It's fun for me and I love doing other people's makeup too. But if it's more of a chore to you, then don't worry about it. Although I think every woman should at least know how to apply some mascara or eyeliner. If you are a newbie, I'd suggest going to a store that has a makeup counter and get a consultation and ask them to give you a natural look and show you what they used. Youtube also has TONS of videos with women of all races and shades showing how to apply makeup. That can teach you so much!

If you are naturally attractive or even just pleasant, there's no need. It will save you the worry of not knowing if it is the make up or you, the person, that is the attractant when men approach you. I noticed women worry about this particular point a lot.

"do not put it on with a trowel"... great advice.

I had a girlfriend once, and usually, she wore very little makeup. But we'd do something special every once in a while, and she'd put it on, and frankly, she looked like a clown.

If you're going to wear makeup, learn how to do it. It is a fairly artistic endeavor, and some people are better at it than others, either because they just know how, or because they've been shown what looks good on them by someone who knows how.

Makeup affects the color and perceived lines of your face. It can put edges in, and take edges away. It can make you look completely different, good or bad.

Spend some time and learn from a pro. One day, you'll be glad you did.

CrystalCastles

I've never worn makeup, except for dance shows, and I'm in university. I hate the feel of it- just feels to greasy and my face feels dirty when I wear it. I've never had problems getting boys or getting jobs barefaced. You shouldn't wear makeup just because everyone is wearing it. Wear it only if you want to.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't enjoy wearing a lot of make-up, especially eyeshadows.

For me I like a polished look. I use some concealer on my dark circles, an eyebrow pencil for my eyebrows, a bit of mascara and some lipstick. As I have gotten olderI use a bit of blush on my cheekbones (not the apples) of my cheeks.

If you want some tutorials, try YouTube. I would do a search for a "Le No Makeup Look". There you will find techniques you can to do have a polished look, but still very natural.

There are many guys who like no make up. I'm one of them.

I've told every girlfriend I ever had that it isn't necessary to wear make up for me as I liked them how nature made them.

All of them left me, most of them for very superficial guys who'd never say such a thing.

Now I know better and have never said such a thing to my current girlfriend. Never will tell her that either but will appreciate it if she stops wearing it on her own (though I won't show it!).

As it was mentionned, a little makeup skills don't hurt.

Even for a job interview. If you show up with bags under you eyes, bad hair a plain clothing, it will affect howthe interviewer sees you.

As for men who say they don't like when girls wear makeup, they are full of ****. What they don't like is overdone makeupand women who have to 'put their face on' to go to the grocery store.

I would suggest looking into paying for a one day basic makeup class. Learning from a video at this point will not help you much at this point.

DON'T buy pharmacy makeup. It generally sucks or is way too pricy. Personally, I love Sephora's home brand.

But what I suggest you do for now is sign up for Ipsy or Beauty Box 5. It will cost you less than 20$ a month and you get 4-5 samples per month.

This will allow you to try a bunch of quality makeup without the waste of cash.

• Like 1

No it's not weird. The trick is to "accent", not "cake". Delicate..umm...anything by Bare Minerals is fantastic. :bunny:

Or, check out this lovely lady:

No it's not weird. The trick is to "accent", not "cake". Delicate..umm...anything by Bare Minerals is fantastic. :bunny:

I agree that bare minerals is good stuff, but sadly their foundation shades can be quite limited. None of what they have matches my skin, unless I have a suntan, which is rare.

IT cosmetics has some powder that my skin has liked, in some shades that bare minerals doesn't have.

I feel like if BM expanded their range of skin tones, they'd be unstoppable.

I agree that bare minerals is good stuff, but sadly their foundation shades can be quite limited. None of what they have matches my skin, unless I have a suntan, which is rare.

IT cosmetics has some powder that my skin has liked, in some shades that bare minerals doesn't have.

I feel like if BM expanded their range of skin tones, they'd be unstoppable.

Yes that's true... And I suppose, no two faces/complexions are a like.

Have you by chance tried their Mineral Veil and/or Pure Radiance?

Sometimes you can skip the foundation and use a tinted moisturizer combined with those two and get a close match (my shade is olive and I've found some foundation to be a bit too orange).