Why is being homeless your only option?

I mean, you obviously have internet.....job search before you leave, lock something in. Although not the safest option, check craigslist for roommate options. I know there are a TON of weird people out there, but my friend who was in law school found a couple legit roommates that way.

Find roommates work at Subway, work at McDonalds until you can get that job you REALLY want.

I commend you for wanting to do better for yourself, I just believe that you can do it without having to put yourself in this situation you see as your only option.

IfWishesWereHorses

Can you do temp work to raise some cash before you leave? Help with someone's yard, babysit, elder sit, paint a house, plant a garden?

• Author

The reason being homeless is my only option is because in the 3 years since I've been back, I haven't been able to earn money.

Small town folks here don't pay you very well, or at all...

Currently have no money...and by means no money, and currently struggling to get my documents back.

I would love to explain my situation, because maybe then you'd understand but even so, I'm placed in a pretty impossible situation.

• Author
Can you do temp work to raise some cash before you leave? Help with someone's yard, babysit, elder sit, paint a house, plant a garden?

Yeah, I do that at times.

And yes, I do odd jobs. But lately it's been REALLY dry.

Small towns aren't very good with that kinda thing. People have their cliques. But, I can raise a couple of hundred dollars.

• Author

I'm also in a household with a mentally unstable and abusive sister.

I live in a small trailer with 7 other people. None of them work.

GorillaTheater

This sounds like something an old guy would suggest, but I guess that's appropriate since I am:

How about three or four years in the military? Maybe get training in whatever it is you may be interested in, besides basically having college funded once you get out. I was in the Navy, my son's currently in the Coast Guard (and living it up in Florida). It's a great way to get a nest egg, and whatever you may think of the military, it has to beat living in a cardboard box or behind a dumpster.

• Like 1
  • Author
This sounds like something an old guy would suggest, but I guess that's appropriate since I am:

How about three or four years in the military? Maybe get training in whatever it is you may be interested in, besides basically having college funded once you get out. I was in the Navy, my son's currently in the Coast Guard (and living it up in Florida). It's a great way to get a nest egg, and whatever you may think of the military, it has to beat living in a cardboard box or behind a dumpster.

Actually, I've thought about that.

And did the research and wanted to consider it. I'll consider it once I retrieve all of my papers.

• Author
My niece just did this right out of college. She was from a very small town in AL and now is in beautiful Washington State making new friends a loving her job.

Was it Butler, AL?

I live there. That's exactly where I live, and I'm out of college myself.