Slowly getting closer...

ThaWholigan

This year I decided to increase my output as things were still more stagnant than I would have liked. There's a few minor things I've had to cut down on, but generally it's been manageable.

So the start of the year wasn't great, I had a bed bug problem which eventually got dealt with, but it left me with no bed. so for most of the year I've slept on just a mattress. After that, I decided to start doing more job searches, courses and attended job fairs and university fairs. I needed something to do for at least until the beginning of 2015, which is where things are going to pick up:

I've been doing my piano lessons and since the beginning of March, I've been wall-to-wall practicing and putting in that work. Hanons, scales and pieces every day. I have forearms like granite now :D. The main incentive at the moment is that if I reach Grade 5, it's likely I will be offered a job to work for my tutors company, which I'm extremely enthusiastic about doing. It wasn't my first dream, but it's an excellent and realistic opportunity to do 2 things I love at the same time! So the first step to everything clicking into place was the grade 3 exam. Got there early, relaxed as I sat at what was possibly one of the best pianos I've had the pleasure of playing. Took the exam, and 2 weeks later I got back results - 136/150. Distinction! :bunny:

My tutor expressed how proud he was and he already feels that if I continue, I will definitely get grade 5 - the next grade 5 exam is January next year I believe. That's the D-Day. So the hard work gets harder!

Of course, I still need to find something to do, so I intensified my job search and even signed up to one of those annoying work programs, which turned out to not be so bad. I now have an interview on Tuesday for a telesales position. If all goes well there, I should start next Monday! At which point, regardless of how the interview turns out, I now plan to do a few things:

1. Figure out Excel (or just get a template) and put together a personal budget and a forecast for next year. Continue my job searching and ways to make money - pick up new skills and get accredited academic accolades for them.

2. Really take my health&fitness seriously (I say this every year :(). Have already spent time clearly putting together what I want to do, just about execution.

3. Do more composing. My tutor and I spoke at length about this. I haven't composed properly in a long while, and he says I shouldn't leave it too long, even when practicing. It's important that I apply what I'm learning - he has suggested film composition also to go with music production and artist. Studying music theory should help with that.

--------------------------------------------------

My lack of dating is a consequence to all this. Due to me not being where I want to be in life yet, I don't date. At all. Not even FWB. I do wonder if it's to my detriment - I have had interest from girls, and I'm not exactly becoming asexual here! :laugh:. But I feel like it's a necessary sacrifice, to channel the energy into my work and health for now.

I feel like I've been making all the right decisions lately and I am hoping it will continue!

• Like 4
  • Author
ThaWholigan

So, that charity telesales interview today?

Nailed it. Got the job :).

• Like 2
Candy_Pants
So, that charity telesales interview today?

Nailed it. Got the job :).

Congrats sweetie!!!! :bunny:

• Like 1
learning_slowly

Cool. 1st rung on the ladder. Now work your way up and remember this when you get to the top so you can help those less fortunate, but. Have fun on the way :)

• Like 1