Lifechanging interview. I need some guidance. Pretty scared.

4 days later I am going to have an interview with my national airlines to become a airline F/O pilot. I've passed skill tests last month and 4 days later there will be physicology interview with 3 german physicologists and a captain pilot for 50-60 minutes in english language which is not my native language.

I am following forums who goes through this period of time just like I am and I see that passing percentage is like %20. That scares the ch*t out of me.

Yesterday I was very very positive about myself and I was positive about my upcomming interview but this morning I am feeling so down somehow. I need to keep my mood up for the interview and be my best.

Why am I having these mood swings? What would you recommend me to have my mood up?

If I pass this step, there will be one last step and I will be so close to my dream. So, this is the biggest fight for me to win to create my life.

I need guidance because you may see something that I don't.

Snakechammah

First of all, GOOD LUCK!! All the very best for the upcoming interview!

I am rather curious about this arrangement. Do you have any aviation background? Is this for a cadetship?

My boyfriend is a pilot too, and as far as I know about the aviation industry is you have to have some kind of licence first before any airlines would take you in as cadetship. Do you have PPL, CPL, frozen ATPL? If I'm not wrong, you'd have to have at least those to get a First Officer's position...

Good luck nevertheless, I hope you come back and update us! :bunny:

I will PM you a link to a short youtube video which will walk you through a short process you can do which should make you feel better immediately. Basically it is like the following:

You feel nervous, anxious because of this upcoming event, the test.

What meaning have you given this event? The event has no meaning by itself, but it exists because you could make a video of it. You cannot make a video of the meaning because it only exists in your mind.

Because the meaning isn't part of the event, the event cannot cause your anxiety. The meaning you gave the event causes your anxiety.

This is probably confusing to read so watch the link and listen to the explanation and follow the practice you will get. If you don't understand due to lack of English watch it again and it should sink in.