Babie-Girl

all my life i have been told i will never amount to anything, that im worthless, that im ugly, that im not good at anything, that ill always be alone etc... every friend i have had has left me, been taken from me, told me they used me, my first real friend and bf has cheated on me twice, left me for girls loads of times, hit me, blamed me for everything that has messed up our relationship and now left me.... so i figured that im clearly not a good person or pretty or anything and i obviously deserve such treatments from people. i have lived my life alone until he came along and spent 8 1/2 years with me and now left me... so i have no self confidence, no positive opinions of myself, im very pessimistic... i dont see the good in anything.. i hate myself..... i used to cut myself and have tried killing myself.. ive even shocked my Councillors and some has given up on me..... i dont know how to like myself when i see nothing good about me... after years of being bullied, hurt, told your worth nothing.. how can you like yourself... ?

Therapy. You have low self esteem & you need help to re0write the messages you give yourself.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Might sound simpler than it is to implement, but pay no mind to what others say or do...Pave your own path in life..

The moment you stop caring what others think or say of you, you will achieve contentment/happiness.

Best of luck

TFY

• Like 7

people sense someone with a low sense of self worth and a lot of people likes the ones you mentioned will take advantage of you because of that. Once you change how you feel about yourself the quality of people you attract will change too.

• Like 1
Might sound simpler than it is to implement, but pay no mind to what others say or do...Pave your own path in life..

The moment you stop caring what others think or say of you, you will achieve contentment/happiness.

Best of luck

TFY

I think that the easiest way to accomplish this for somebody who starts low is to find something you really enjoy doing in life and immerse yourself in it. Bonus points if it's a job and you can make some money out of it.

I never had it as bad as you say Babie, but I had self esteem problems too. When I was a teenager at a certain point I had persuaded myself that I was so ugly that no girl could have possible wanted me. I had four relationships (a couple more serious that the others) after that so I guess I was wrong! :laugh:

Therapy would also help, if you can afford it. But the change must come from within you.

• Like 2
Grumpybutfun

Best of luck

TFY

^^^ Excellent suggestion from TFoY. I would also stay away from those toxic people who belittle you and start doing things that make me feel accomplished and successful. Find people who are sincere and fun, who are positive and do things instead of just moaning and feeling apathetic. The only person in the world you can control is you so you get to choose how you feel about yourself. Be your best friend and find your worth in your values and opinion, not in regurgitations from others who are obviously broken. No one puts down other people unless they are trying to make themselves feel better or they are broken in some way.

Time to stop depending on others for your self worth.

Grumps

• Like 4
learning_slowly

Google 'the Iron' by Henry Rollins.

If you can see why he overcomes low self esteem, maybe you can copy.

• Like 2

Touched a nerve reading your post.

I hear you and everything you say is valid.

But the people who go through life experiencing the schyt you've put up with have an aspiration...to get to a point where life is good or fine and when it is, it's the best feeling in the world, because you have experienced the huge lows...aspire to this please miss. I've just experienced a month of inner peace and contentment, i came out of the mire and saw life for what it could be....sadly I'm about to sink back into the darkness i feel...but I will cherish this last month, finding 'me' again...you can do this too, by making changes in your life, heartening changes that may give you a little hope.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. Khalil Gibran.

• Like 1

Take out "Not" and NO in your vocabulary. Statements, affirmations and positive perspectives gain esteem. Work out, (releives stress), and re-learn how to be good to you. (Parent Yourself).

Mostly Be responsible for yourself. Best thing was not holding others accountable for your self image. Its an open page to be filled with your values.

Best to you. And the fact that you seek others advisal is a step in growth.

• Like 1
...i have lived my life alone until he came along and spent 8 1/2 years with me...

This is something that many people never get. Many people don't get that many years with someone with whom they shared a life, so for you to have had this clearly demonstrates that you are worthy, right? You have had friends, so people have seen that you are of value.

Like others have said, you need to learn to love, appreciate yourself despite the negative thing other say about you. But we both know that simply ignoring them is much easier said than done. You need counselling and the focus be about how YOU see YOURSELF.