Not beating yourself up...

endlessabyss

Today, as I was about to leave work, me and my manager got into some discourse. My anxiety was at a sort of at a high level, and I noticed, as I was talking, my speaking was coming out kind of jumbled, not making sense.

She kind of looked at me with the Bert stare, and went about what she was doing. In the past I would have beat myself up about it mentally, and told myself harsh things about my character (either I'm a weirdo, or some other non-sense).

This time I didn't. I did have some bad feelings, but a little after it was nothing. She may think I'm weird, but it's all good. She doesn't know my past, the things I have experienced in my life that have caused my GAD.

I think the thing that people misconstrue about people with anxiety is they have a confidence problem. I go into all situations not caring about the outcome now. If I embarrass myself, because of my anxiety, so be it, I won't let it hold me back anymore.

If you're willing to step out in the fear, you have confidence, period.

One thing I have lusted for is the gift of gab. I just wanted to be that guy with all the charisma, and social confidence. The guy who could draw in anyone, and connect with anyone.

I don't know if I will ever achieve that, but I don't think it's the be all, end all. Will I ever achieve the social life I would like? Maybe so, maybe no.

I'm giving it my best, and that is all that matters.

• Like 3
Targetlock

Good for you :) i have the same problem of taking out my problems on myself but also trying to work on it as well.