Dealing with depression

I am depressed. It has been coming on for a couple of months now and has been exaggerated by relationship difficulties which ended in a heartbreaking break up. I am incapable of doing anything. The weather plays a massive part in my mood and all we have is rain, I feel a 100 times better with a bit of sun but never 100%.

I have studies to be getting on with which I usually find easy. But I can't manage to work for more than five minutes and no answer is clear to me anymore.

I am lacking all motivation. I have no one to talk to about it.

How can I ease this pain so I can be in a better mood again and capable of doing what I need to do and what I enjoy?

Thanks in advance

id go talk to your doctor about it.

some things that have helped me...

getting enough sleep

eating properly

plenty of water

exercise

keeping busy

positive thinking books

hugz

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks, yeah, should have probably said I am not sleeping until about 3am most nights and am working on getting up earlier in the hope that it will make me sleep earlier at night.

Sleep deprivation can do awful things to the mind and in turn your mood. The most important sleep are the hours before midnight. Try to get at least two hours in before midnight say 10pm and you'll feel so much more balanced and good.

I think it is normal to feel some level of depression after going through a break-up but it does not automatically mean you have to be on medication. It's part of the process of grieving.

As Adelia stated, you have to find ways to get up and go even when you just want to curl up in a ball and wallow. If you can't take care of yourself emotionally, focus on keeping yourself physically well i.e. eat well, lots of water, sleep, exercise. I know it is hard. I couldn't even make myself a sandwich some days, but I had to force myself.

If you can't sleep, you can find non habit forming sleep aids i.e. Tylenol, Advil at the pharmacy. It helped me for the first couple of weeks. I didn't take it every night just nights when I found my days were exceptionally hard.

It's going to take awhile to get out of that funk. But you have to push yourself when you find zero motivation.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks guys.

I have started exercising, I am eating with an appetite which is a first since mid-february. Started eating a bit of fruit, maybe take some vitamin tablets.

I don't know, at times, especially when I feel in the deepest points of been down I am not even thinking about the break-up. Although it is at the back of my mind, I am getting desperate to take her stuff to her house so I will never have to do anything to do with it again.

Job interview tomorrow so need to be at my best :-/

Thanks guys.

I have started exercising, I am eating with an appetite which is a first since mid-february. Started eating a bit of fruit, maybe take some vitamin tablets.

I don't know, at times, especially when I feel in the deepest points of been down I am not even thinking about the break-up. Although it is at the back of my mind, I am getting desperate to take her stuff to her house so I will never have to do anything to do with it again.

Job interview tomorrow so need to be at my best :-/

It's good that you are taking steps, and baby steps is all you can do when you feel this way.

You're feeling grief. An emptiness inside. It's norman. If you find yourself feeling this way a couple of months from now with no relief or change, then see a doctor.

Why can't you just take her stuff and leave on her doorstep and get it done?

• Like 1
  • Author

Goddamn Normans, first they invade my anglo-saxon country now they are invading my positive thinking! Hahaha I know, I know, normal, but it made me chuckle and that is good riight?

I am feeling a little better, sometimes something crops up that just makes things feel more positive. Everything is in waves.

I will be dropping her stuff to hers tomorrow, whether she is in or not. I am just dependant on a lift there that's why it hasn't been done yet.

Goddamn Normans, first they invade my anglo-saxon country now they are invading my positive thinking! Hahaha I know, I know, normal, but it made me chuckle and that is good riight?

I am feeling a little better, sometimes something crops up that just makes things feel more positive. Everything is in waves.

I will be dropping her stuff to hers tomorrow, whether she is in or not. I am just dependant on a lift there that's why it hasn't been done yet.

:laugh: Gave me a good chuckle too! How funnily appropriate!

• Like 1