Going to start a business.....

I am finding it extremely difficult to find a job to supplement a life where I would like to be self-employed, so instead of waiting, I'm going to take a risk and jump right into it. I'm drawing up a business plan now, I'm going to set-up a studio and also teach people (probably kids) music. I'm gonna expand on it more in private as I have just confirmed I will follow through today, but I am now 100% sure this is what I want to do.

I think this is my future, and will hopefully be the boost I need to kick-start my many endeavors I wish to achieve in this life.

:D Excited!

• Like 6
I am finding it extremely difficult to find a job to supplement a life where I would like to be self-employed, so instead of waiting, I'm going to take a risk and jump right into it. I'm drawing up a business plan now, I'm going to set-up a studio and also teach people (probably kids) music. I'm gonna expand on it more in private as I have just confirmed I will follow through today, but I am now 100% sure this is what I want to do.

I think this is my future, and will hopefully be the boost I need to kick-start my many endeavors I wish to achieve in this life.

:DExcited!

As you should be!

May you meet with much success (and perhaps a name change before advertising to parents).

• Like 2
As you should be!

May you meet with much success (and perhaps a name change before advertising to parents).

Wholigan's House of Hoots.

• Author
As you should be!

haha, Tha Wholiganz is the name of my old band (not to be confused with the rappers The Whooligans), hence the username. I haven't figured a name yet, but so far planning looks like it will be fun. Just need to find premises.

This is essentially what I did when all I had was a bunch of dead end jobs placed in front of me. I decided to go strike it out on my own. Greatest decision of my life.

Good luck with your business sounds like a great idea.

This is essentially what I did when all I had was a bunch of dead end jobs placed in front of me. I decided to go strike it out on my own. Greatest decision of my life.

Now I'm curious how old are you and what did you end up doing?

Now I'm curious how old are you and what did you end up doing?

25, business consulting/demographic analysis.

Feelin Frisky

Best wishes. Consider how YouTube is changing that business however and perhaps you can make it work for you. Good luck.

• Author
ThaWholigan

Finally going to start drawing up a mock plan, this is going to be hard after I had a little heart scare earlier this week! Turned out to be anxiety according to doctor lol.

Is there anyone on here who has started a business before with £0?

There must be loads of websites with advice for entrepreneurs.

I mentioned it in your other thread but it bears repeating: Do NOT start a business when Mercury is retrograde. Use the time instead to plan and research so that when Mercury goes direct you can act.

• Like 1
Finally going to start drawing up a mock plan, this is going to be hard after I had a little heart scare earlier this week! Turned out to be anxiety according to doctor lol.

Have a word with The Prince's Trust: 35 years changing young lives, they offer sorts for help for young people (18-30).

I did work for them and I was amazed at what they can do.

• Like 2
Ruby Slippers

Yes, I did. It's hard work, but if you're committed, you can do it. :)

• Author
ThaWholigan

Off to a job interview then I'm going to draft my plan. Wish me luck :D

----------------------------------------

Interview did not go as planned, but did manage to find some lovely office space. Still upbeat despite the setback....

Edited by ThaWholigan
Still upbeat despite the setback....

Winner's attitude.

Sending you lots of luck from the States as you go forward, Who.

If not already done, procure and/or develop a relationship with a business mentor. I've found them to be an invaluable asset. I've learned an incalculable amount from mine, even if not directly related to the nuances of my own business focus. Business wisdom and acumen is a precious commodity. Seek it out and value it greatly.

Passion and profit can go hand in hand or be mutually exclusive. Good luck in your choices :)

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • Author
ThaWholigan

UPDATE:

I have drawn up a full plan. I am going to rent a studio, and offer my services as an audio engineer, producer and tutor. I'm going to teach piano, beat-making, engineering - and I'm going to teach people how to rap :lmao:. My new mentor reckons this is my USP and that I could actually garner some publicity for it.

Now I am developing a marketing strategy, ironing out the cashflow forecast, and have a meeting next week with my adviser/mentor about when to take the (small) loan for studio rent, and then that will be it. My cashflow should sort it.

I'm excited and anticipating a very massive change in my life :D

• Like 4
  • Author
ThaWholigan

Well, my plan has been slightly screwed by the Job Centre, who have decided they are going to sign me off, so I have no safety net until I switch to the NEA, and alas, I have no money to buy food (and neither does mum).

Now, I have to do my marketing plan in the next couple of days, meet with my adviser, and start the business ASAP - so possibly next week. But I have to switch quicker than I would have liked. Hope this goes through, as I never wanna have to sign on again :mad:.

So looks like I will have my business earlier than expected :laugh:

todreaminblue

The world is grey and many souls are blue,

the world needs more music to change its hue,

we need music teachers to teach and to share,

so passion for music will always be there,

music can change, music can give hope,

music does help blue souls to cope,

it can soothe the aches and pains of life away,

so give us music teachers We hear the world say,

and then up to the plate stepped ThaWholigan

and he stepped up today........

I wish you much success.........your business idea just made the future brighter for all the budding musicians who will share your talent....

......best wishes.....deb

Edited by todreaminblue