loveshymanc

Has anyone on here ever suffered with and overcome loveshyness? I become a complete nervous wreck when Im around any girl that I like. Its costing me the chance to be with a girl that I really like

Feelin Frisky

I suggested this to someone the other day on the same issue. You may have an "unfair" brain chemistry that results in release of over-powering fight or flight adrenaline when in situations like that. There is no way to out-think that biology. SSRI medications that are prescribed for depression also work great to tamp down or eradicate this anxiety completely. Some people might jump to the old theme that this is a "crutch" and that you are taking a "pill" to self-medicate. That is thinking that belongs before 1990 where it probably would have been true that a doctor might prescribe some kind of tranquilizer. But after Prozac came out everything about that changed. You wouldn't be reaching for a Martini in a pill but instead a pair of eyeglasses for your mind (at least that's the way I experienced it). I realized a new presence of mind where I have the ability to choose how I react to things rather than being bowled over by my gut and then having to deal with the awful butterflies. Saves a lot of social drinking to get in the comfort zone. I don't see any down side to trying and this is a way to know if nature has dealt you an unlucky hand. Good luck.

PS: This is the "express" method of getting somewhere. Perhaps you may just want to take the other advice you're likely to get here and try to keep trying to outrun the guns that shoot out the fear juice into your gut.