Hi

Well,as the title says,i think i am alcoholic.

When i was young,i used to party a lot, drink,get drunk,throw up and stuff like that "normal " teens do (now plz guys-no comments on that!). Then,as i grew older things kinda changed-drank less,partied less but always made sure to drink and have fun.

Now all this is well ann ok.The problem is as follows.I am 26 years old now.About a year ago, i went to my freind wedding in England and had a week of english fun,including going to the pub in the morning and having some "lagers" .

.Well,after a week of wedding partying(i remember one night starting drinking at 5 in the afternoon and it was 6 am and we were still drinking!!) i got back home and went back to my studies .

All was well untill one day,a few weeks later ,i was terribly missing the good freinds i made in the UK and decided to hve a Guiness-you know,mising the pubs and all.From that day on, i think my problem started.There was not a day that would go by without me going into this pub(next to my school) and having a few beers-even in the middle of the day(i think the earlyest i started drinking was 11 am).I never used to get sick or anything.

Are you guys still there?Hope so cos it gets worse.So any way,here i am drinking beer after school(sometimes during my lunch break),taking some home,taking some to work and hiding to drink them.

Every day,i used to wake up and wait for the time to have some beers.I also started smoking.

Should i continue?It gets embarassing now.

In the mean time,i met my love and i used to invite him to "my" pub and we both used to drink and talk .On sSundays,i was our drinking day-start at noon and drink till evening.We used to have fun-do not get me wrong:laughters,jokes,getting to know each other,a few tears...

Now it has been over a year ad well,we have swiched to hard liquor-vodka,gin...but we do it only on week ends.

The prob is me:i drink alone also.After work(i can't wait to get home),during my days off,behind my bf's back and nearly every day.Ok guys,you probably say "YES YOU ARE ALCOHOLIC"and u are right.

Now,it never affect my daily life directly but for sure indirectly.I work out every day,have a good job,do not spend mornings sleeping in....

The other problem is that i come from a society where it is very badly seen for a girl to drink or go places like AA-that would bring shame to my family.

Any suggestions on self healing?I stoped buying bottles of vodka and the other day,when we were drinking with my bf in asked him to take the bottke home and he said no.Does he suspect anything?

HELP.

All of the signs you spoke of are those of an alcoholic. It is one thing to drink on occasion, but when you are sneaking drinks and eager to go home to get your drink on something is wrong. Alcohol is affecting your life because it is in control of it. What if you get a DUI or cause harm to your liver or kidneys? You may just lose you b/f if you keep it up. I think your problem is beyond self healing. Why do you drink? What problems are you trying to escape from? Your family doesn't have to know you are seeking help-you are 26 years old. Get help and don't worry about what "everyone" else thinks. Your problem is out of control. Good luck.