Have you read any books that you found to be helpful or even life changing? In particular, I'm talking about self help type books. Books with insight on relationships and other life skills.

Books are very personal and there are thousands of great ones in book stores all the time, in the self help and psychology sections as well as other sections. Visit your bookstore often and pick books that you feel will work for you. That's what I do.

Every person is in a different place in their journey. You are the one best qualified to find the reading material that will aid you in whatever stage of growth you are in at this time.

I've read several, but my two favorites are....

1) "Self Matters" by Dr. Phillip McGraw (yeah Dr. Phil from Oprah)

and

2) "Make up, Don't Break Up" By Dr. Bonnie Eaker Weil

I think everyone in this world should read BOTH of these books. They've at least changed MY life.

I have read several books based on conscious, spiritual, transformations. A mind and soul cleanser that brings out the best in you mentally.

For example: The Inner Door or The Crystal Stair from Eric Klein.

There are so many self help books that target so many different things. Its almost endless. Half the time you wonder, will it work?

You could go to amazon.com and type in integral psychology in the search field. Browse through and see if something catches your eye. I was hesitant at first when I came across these different self help guides. I enjoyed it and read several.

i have read many of these type of books and it amazes me how different they are. what works for some does not work for others.

that being said, one of the most stunning books i have read is "the road less traveled" by m. scott peck.

even if each book doesn't change your life, it's interesting to get a new perspective...

take care!

• 5 weeks later...

Recently I was involved in a relationship which left me feeling troubled and lost. My friend introduced a book to me which changed my perspective of certain things. In fact, I learnt quite a lot. The book is titled: "I kissed Dating goodbye" and it's by Joshua Harris. Although the book has some references to Jesus Christ, anyone can read it and learn from it. It does not preach Christianity fervently....rather the theories inside are practical and down to earth.

but one I actually went out and bought (and re-read) was Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist," which is basically a book about believing in yourself and in your dreams.