I think I'm in need of help.

I'm in need of help. I have so many issues to be quite honest I don't think I can make any girl, or anyone, happy until I'm happy. I'm always depressed, I have a low self-esteem.

What should I do? I wanna seek help, but I don't want anyone to know such as my parents. Who do I need to contact?

Talk to your Primary Care Physician. He'll get you on some anti-depressants, and can also recommend a therapist. I admire the fact that you are seeking help. This will make you a better person. It won't alter you or change you making you sleep all the time or anything. It will actually make you feel complete and normal again. GO FOR IT!!!

Why would you not want your parents to know whats going on in your life?

Don't let anyone stand in your way to a road of recovery. Go for it like your going for gold!

Make an appointment, talk to your doctor about your options. Is their anyone that can offer free counseling services? When you do see your doctor, be sure to tell him that you need his help right away. Don't leave without at least a trial prescription of anti depressants

Hi Joe,

Depression is nothing to be ashamed of. Realizing that you might have a problem is the first step in overcoming it. Talking to your family doctor or primary care physician will get the ball rolling and often doctors are able to prescribe medications to help you out of the depressive states. Medications such as Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft can help reduce the symptoms of depression and get you into a state of mind where you can more clearly and rationally work on getting to the root of the problem. In many cases, depression may be a side-effect of medications that you may be taking or due to chemical imbalances. Your doctor will be able to make this determination and help you find resources that not only work for you, but that fit within your budget. In some cases, free therapy may even be available if required.

Often, people are ashamed and embarrassed of mental illness. You wouldn't be ashamed if you broke an arm and had to wear a cast, would you? Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Try your best to remind yourself that the stereotypes and stigmas associated with mental health are incorrect. You are not going crazy. You are not psycho. You are a very intelligent person for realizing that you need help. Don't be ashamed of your family finding out. They have only your best interests in mind and love you regardless of whether you have the flu or depression.

You need to work on the relationship with yourself before getting into any romantic relationships. Give getting help a higher priority.

Best wishes,

Paul