So here I sit with a red nose .....sneezing my ass off.

I took a Benadryl allergy pill..... it has not worked with the exception to put me into a state of BLAH!

I have taken sudafed, you name it I even took the generic clariton.

What the hell is out there that will stop this madness.

This is the first time in my life where allergies have actually been bad enough to make life stop.

HELP! sniffle sniffle....... snort.......sneeze and snooze.

laRubiaBonita

i concur.... this years allergies seem to be bitting everyone's ass pretty hard.

i never have gotten sneezey allergies....but this year i sound like a dwarf!

• Author

This sucks..... why is it so bad this year?

Going to go OD on more pills.

Is it a conspiracy of the drug industry.... Are they setting up pollen factories across the US? :mad:

A way of govt mind control by slipping mind bending substances into the allergy meds?

Tim'sAngel

One word... ALLEGRA!! It is a miracle pill. In about 2 days of taking it all your symptoms just disapear!! The only bummer is that they are expensive, but waaaaay worth the money!!

I have chronic allergies and I get really sick from them. I can't breath, my nose burns, my eyes water up,my throat becomes very swollen and I get sores on it, I get so congested my stomach and chest hurt, i sneeze all the time, I get headaches and can't hear out of my ears... It's a nightmere!! But allegra does do the trick. I also have tried over the counter stuff, and nothing even fazed it!!

You might want to go to the dr if the over the counter meds aren't relieving it. My daughter is on Zyretec ,Singulair, Naxonex. Helps with hers when everything is in bloom. Pollen count is pretty high here . I am having to start taking my Zyretec as well. I hate spring when it makes my car look green with all the damn pollen!:mad:

Sand&Water

I hope you're feeling better, a4a.

People with allergies up here, are worse off with all the nature and pollin count.

Thank goodness, I have no allergies. :)

Might want to try different medication for different purposes. I noticed that Allegra and Zyrtec works at different times of the year. Might want to visit the doctor to get Rx for both to see which works best.

Zyrtec works for me around spring while allegra in the fall.

• Author

Well I guess I will call my dentist and have her write up a prescription.

But could you tell me do any of these slow down your reaction times?

I cannot be on a downer buzz or a jitter high while at work.

If I slip up I could actually get killed.

I really do appreciate the input on this. This is the first time I have had to take something on almost a daily basis.

I also do not want something I have to take unless I need it..... I do not want to dose myself daily.

kitten chick

I used to get chronic sinus infections (sinusitis) from allergies. Then I started a combo of Claratin D, singulair (for asthma), and a nasal spray (Rhinocort Aqua). It has been the magic combo for me. If you don't want to take a Decongestant daily then try a nasal spray, it won't slow you down at all.

Well I guess I will call my dentist and have her write up a prescription.

But could you tell me do any of these slow down your reaction times?

I cannot be on a downer buzz or a jitter high while at work.

If I slip up I could actually get killed.

I really do appreciate the input on this. This is the first time I have had to take something on almost a daily basis.

I also do not want something I have to take unless I need it..... I do not want to dose myself daily.

Why a dentist and not a dr ? :confused:

• Author
Why a dentist and not a dr ? :confused:

I rarely bother with doctors. The last one I saw attempted to treat me for a UTI when I actually blew my back out. :lmao: Last I checked antibiotics do not resolve degenerative disk or torn muscles.

No desire to bother with an appt. or taking hours of my life away by waiting in some doctors office with a bunch of viral germy people hacking and spewing nastiness in my presence. I may as well go to Ikea and jump into the ball pit naked, hoping to become infected with some nastiness :lmao:

I rarely bother with doctors. The last one I saw attempted to treat me for a UTI when I actually blew my back out. :lmao: Last I checked antibiotics do not resolve degenerative disk or torn muscles.

No desire to bother with an appt. or taking hours of my life away by waiting in some doctors office with a bunch of viral germy people hacking and spewing nastiness in my presence. I may as well go to Ikea and jump into the ball pit naked, hoping to become infected with some nastiness :lmao:

Dentists aren't suppose to give perscriptions for allergy meds . Makes more sense to me going to a doctor. What ever floats your boat .

I did read that this year is/has been one of the worst years ever for allergies. Even people who don't normally suffer from allergies have been bothered with the high pollen levels this year.

Do you take vitamin C? You should be taking at LEAST 1,000 mg.