There's a lot of hype about Noni juice but there has been no research by accepted medical authorities that it does much more than make money for the people who sell it.

moimeme will be by later, I'm sure, and post a link that will take you directly to the report that says the stuff is pretty worthless. On the flip side, there is no evidence that it does any harm. If you feel better by taking it, go for it!

You can even do your own online search and it won't take you long to come to the sites that give you the straight skinny about Noni Juice.

I tried it before but it did not do anything for me. Maybe it's different with each person, who knows?

Noni's maker, Morinda, was sued by several U.S. states for making health claims it couldn't prove.

Other than that, if it makes you feel good, drink it. My uncle swears by it. There's also a drink called Xango, which is similar to Noni.

You can also try snake oil.

I prefer tea (about to have a cup right now). :)

Everybody and his dog has some 'magic formula' that will restore health, wealth, and your hair - or so they claim. At best, some of these things are nutritious and maybe contain compounds that are good for you. At worst, like the famous Kava Kava which, when sold in pill form, caused liver damage, will harm you.

Bottom line is if you want to try these things out, go to a reputable site like the National Centre For Complementary and Alternative Medicine's site to check them out first. Some, like gingko, have shown some benefits when they were subjected to good scientific studies.

But don't believe everything you read, especially the claims of people who want to make money from you by selling you this junk.

Originally posted by moimeme

But don't believe everything you read, especially the claims of people who want to make money from you by selling you this junk.

I'm very cynical about these claims as well. The doctors who endorse these products are paid a ridiculous amount of money by the corporations that make them, and they don't actually make any convincing arguments. My aunts actually sell this stuff, and I've read the literature supporting it, but I didn't want to upset them by telling them what I thought, because they're really into it.