My experience 3 weeks into bootcamp fitness/circuit training

First two weeks I was so sore I could only do 3 of the 4 days.

This past 3rd week I'm proud to say my body has adjusted and I wasn't sore so I went all 4 days.

Schedule:

M-Upper body

T-Lower body

W-Abs

TH-A mix

Today was the hardest day yet as our trainer had us going for 45 nonstop minutes. There were 5 stations:

S1: Press dumbbells over your head

S2: Pushups

S3: Dumbbell curls

S4: Squats

S5: Burpees

You start at a rep of 2 for each station, then you move to 4, 6, 8 and so forth. The best people in the class got to 20 by the end of the session. I was proud that I was able to get to a respectable 18 right as the whistle blew. I did 72 burpees today (probably more today than I've done in my life before).

Really getting the hang of things. It's funny coz since the class is staggered you have newbies coming in all the time. Yesterday a new girl was talking about how it was her 2nd day and she felt like "dying." I came over and told her I felt the same way when I first came on board, but by week 3 or so, your body gets used to this type of workout. You just have to hang in there coz if you quit, you'll never get there.

It's awesome "giving back" coz 2 weeks ago I was in her shoes. I've gotten to know some people from the class with this being my third week, and it's nice just having that group experience. We cheer each other on and it's kind of like a big team in some ways.

The class in general has given my overall confidence a huge boost. Like, after a workout, my shirt is soaked, I feel really good and like I can do any challenge I set my mind to.

Today, after a crazy workout, I went to the local track and jogged 6 miles nonstop. I was shocked as hell. I meant to stop after 1 mile or 2 miles, but something kept pushing me forward. When I crossed the track for that 24th time, I felt so damn proud. I hadn't ran 6 miles nonstop in years.

Out of body experience. I don't even feel sore right now, but I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning, lol.

Overall, consider me a fan of circuit training. I love my yoga at home DVD but it's nice working out in a large group and having a trainer push you when you need it.

• Like 1
First two weeks I was so sore I could only do 3 of the 4 days.

This past 3rd week I'm proud to say my body has adjusted and I wasn't sore so I went all 4 days.

Schedule:

M-Upper body

T-Lower body

W-Abs

TH-A mix

Today was the hardest day yet as our trainer had us going for 45 nonstop minutes. There were 5 stations:

S1: Press dumbbells over your head

S2: Pushups

S3: Dumbbell curls

S4: Squats

S5: Burpees

You start at a rep of 2 for each station, then you move to 4, 6, 8 and so forth. The best people in the class got to 20 by the end of the session. I was proud that I was able to get to a respectable 18 right as the whistle blew. I did 72 burpees today (probably more today than I've done in my life before).

Really getting the hang of things. It's funny coz since the class is staggered you have newbies coming in all the time. Yesterday a new girl was talking about how it was her 2nd day and she felt like "dying." I came over and told her I felt the same way when I first came on board, but by week 3 or so, your body gets used to this type of workout. You just have to hang in there coz if you quit, you'll never get there.

It's awesome "giving back" coz 2 weeks ago I was in her shoes. I've gotten to know some people from the class with this being my third week, and it's nice just having that group experience. We cheer each other on and it's kind of like a big team in some ways.

The class in general has given my overall confidence a huge boost. Like, after a workout, my shirt is soaked, I feel really good and like I can do any challenge I set my mind to.

Today, after a crazy workout, I went to the local track and jogged 6 miles nonstop. I was shocked as hell. I meant to stop after 1 mile or 2 miles, but something kept pushing me forward. When I crossed the track for that 24th time, I felt so damn proud. I hadn't ran 6 miles nonstop in years.

Out of body experience. I don't even feel sore right now, but I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning, lol.

Overall, consider me a fan of circuit training. I love my yoga at home DVD but it's nice working out in a large group and having a trainer push you when you need it.

Reading your post is helping my motivation!

• Like 1
  • Author
Reading your post is helping my motivation!

You're very welcome :)

I'm not an athletic guy by any stretch. In fact, I have a round tummy on me at the moment (and at the moment = for the last 20+ years of my life, lol). But I have always felt like there's a hidden wannabe athlete deep inside my big ole belly. It helps to be motivated and get pushed to tap into one's potential.

Go get yours, Brigit!

To me, when I get in great shape it's amazing how well the body can recover from a workout. It's one of the best feelings in the world. I reach a point where I can put my body through an absolutely grueling workout and feel well recovered with little soreness after just a day or two. I really start to notice it around the 2 month mark.

Congrats on your progress.