So I figured I would start a thread with some healthy recipes people can see and maybe even try out, I'm always looking for new things to try. With that, this is what I made this morning:

Egg White Omelet

- Small skillet

- Pam cooking oil (quick 2 second spray)

- 1/2 cup of egg whites

- 14 grams of fat free Kraft cheese

- 1/4 cup of chopped onions

- 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes

- small handful of baby spinach

- small bit of cilantro

- pepper and seasoning salt for taste

Heat the skillet at a medium heat, and than saute the vegetables with a tiny bit of pepper and seasoning salt for a minute or two. Gently pour the egg white and move the vegetables a bit so it moves underneath them.

After the egg cooks some, you will notice there is still quite a bit of liquid on the top middle. With a spatula, push back near the edge of the omelet, and tilt the skillet downward towards the area you pushed back, so some of the liquid fills it up and starts cooking. Do this all around (I do four corners), this will get the rest of the egg cooking. After you push the edges, lightly push some of the vegetables on top to the new edges, so that they aren't all clumped in the middled.

Once it is cooked more, move the skillet back and forth a bit to get the omelet loose. Than slide the spatula underneath a thick edge of the omelet, and fold it over. Sprinkle the cheese on top (I weigh food a lot of the time, so don't know what serving "14 grams" entails, just sprinkle some on top), let it melt, and than just slide it on a plate.

Dish comes out to being just a little over 150 calories, and very filling, give it a try :D

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...