Tranquility89

I have a LOT of acne scars (red spots, pits, you name it :( ) as well as some actual acne on my chin. I do get checked out a lot by guys and I'm currently dating a guy who I met in a club, in the dark lights, and although I wear makeup to cover everything and have a nice face otherwise, I am self conscious that despite him finding me hot in the club and liking my personality, I will be undateable because of my skin issues. Just wanted to ask if people can overlook this if you are great otherwise? Thank u.

If he doesn't want to be with you because you have acne scars, you should rethink wanting to be with him.

I've had cystic acne since I was 14 years old, been on Accutane 4, soon to be 5 times, and I have bad scarring on my forehead. It's the one thing I'm extremely self conscious about, I refuse to go out in public without my scars being covered somehow.

Most guys won't even notice or care, and if someone does say something negative about it, they are not worth your time. Acne scarring is bad enough without ignorant people commenting on it.

• Like 1

i have a friend who is covered in acne scars, her face is - sorry - hideous to look at. but she is a wonderful person and we've been friends for many years now. she gets soooo many dates i cannot figure out how. she can land a bf all the time, and me (perfect skin) can't even do that. she has tried everything, and she goes to extreme lengths to "hide" it from men - like not taking off makeup in front of them, not letting them sleep over, etc. weird behavior. i have always seen men talk with her and date her because they love her personality. even though (privately) she cries and is upset by her skin, in public you would have no clue. she is the most bubbly, vivacious girl in the room, and she has a great body, great hair, and dresses very stylish and feminine. i think, from being around her, if you have something you dislike about yourself (like skin) you can make up for it in other ways, like being friendly, outgoing, flirtatious, etc. a girl with skin problems, shyness, no style, etc. will have problems, but one who can have that be her only issue will be just fine. guys don't seem to care with my friend - i would - but it just hows they do care about more than looks alone and want a "nice" gf

• Like 1

I thought my face was bad....been having horrible acne. I hear you. But it sounds like you are pretty overall. Don't worry about it.

I have suffered from acne but have been lucky enough that I didn't scar. Which surprises me because I have had times of very bad cystic acne after being on depo prevera bc. That stuff messed me up. Was on antibiotics for years. My dermatologist had suggested chemical peels and microdermabration to help in case of scaring along with cetaphil creme (the thick stuff) & vitamin e oil for moisturizer. I recommend that you see a dermatologist they may have treatments to help reduce the scaring. This may even be covered by your medical insurance depending on your coverage..mine was covered. Another benefit of this treatment is antiaging...I am almost 40 but people think I am barely 30. Acne sucks, it hurts, it's gross (puss and what not ugh) I was miserable. I believe the regimen my dermatologist gave me in my early 20s has made a huge difference.

Might I suggest 10% sulfur soap. This smells like rotten eggs but it does the job. You can find it mixed with different oils so that will cut down the smell. Some soaps are mixed with zinc oxide which will also be beneficial to your skin. You'll be able to find a ton of them on Amazon and Ebay.

Good luck!

I've had cystic acne since I was 14 years old, been on Accutane 4, soon to be 5 times.

You need to see an endocrinologist to have all your hormones checked. If they are out of whack, Accutane only treats the symptoms and not the cause.

You need to see an endocrinologist to have all your hormones checked. If they are out of whack, Accutane only treats the symptoms and not the cause.

My doctor has never mentioned anything like that to me. I do live in a small town so we don't have much for specialty doctors, but I am totally willing to go somewhere else for the sake of my skin.

I'll be making an appointment with my doctor soon so I will certainly ask. I am tired of having to go back on accutane all the time.