Plan to become a head turner!

music_and_poetry

Plan made! Groceries bought! Starting tomorrow I start my mission to become the hottest thing he ever let go of!

Nutrition- track my eating on Spark People. Diet will be fruits, veggies, whole grains, chicken, and salmon. Allowing an indulgence of one cup of coffee per day and a "cheat day" on weekends.

Fitness- Brazil Butt Life combination plan + Hip Hop Abs DVDS. In conjunction with this, I will be alternating between running, belly dancing, & lifting 6x a week with one rest day.

Tanning- Nothing crazy but I do plan to hit the beach a bit more to get a beautiful glow!

Skin- On medicated, doctor prescribed cream for my acne and my skin is already clearer! Worth it!

• Like 5
  • Author
music_and_poetry
Everything sounds great but the tanning. Seriously, no amount of color is good for you.

Lol I agree with you, but I am so pale that nothing makes me feel more beautiful than a healthy glow! Maybe I should look into some sunless, tinted lotions! Haha in my defense my doctor says I have a vitamin D deficiency! Lol

kiss_andmakeup
Lol I agree with you, but I am so pale that nothing makes me feel more beautiful than a healthy glow! Maybe I should look into some sunless, tinted lotions! Haha in my defense my doctor says I have a vitamin D deficiency! Lol

I'm pale too and it makes me feel beautiful! I actually get lots of compliments on my skin. How about playing around with a new hair colour, make-up shades, or wardrobe colours that will complement your fair skin?

The rest of your plan sounds great! Good luck!

• Like 2
leavesonautumn

I have an insanely high amount of Vitamin D for someone my age. I thank eating eggs, mushrooms and fish for that :D

Also, good for you! You're going to feel so awesome :cool:

• Author
music_and_poetry
I have an insanely high amount of Vitamin D for someone my age. I thank eating eggs, mushrooms and fish for that :D

Also, good for you! You're going to feel so awesome :cool:

Weird, I actually eat all of those foods fairly often. Before my break-up I was extremely healthy and ate very well. I put on about 8 lbs being depressed and unmotivated to work out after things ended. Tomorrow that changes and I start feeling good again. I can get this off!

• Author
music_and_poetry
I'm pale too and it makes me feel beautiful! I actually get lots of compliments on my skin. How about playing around with a new hair colour, make-up shades, or wardrobe colours that will complement your fair skin?

The rest of your plan sounds great! Good luck!

I would totally change my hair color but my students will FREAK out if I do that lol. Working on that wardrobe tho. Money is tight but I want to buy an outfit that makes me feel really sexy next month! Maybe a tight dress or a low cut top! I usually dress fairly modest but I think I can make an exception ;)

leavesonautumn
Weird, I actually eat all of those foods fairly often. Before my break-up I was extremely healthy and ate very well. I put on about 8 lbs being depressed and unmotivated to work out after things ended. Tomorrow that changes and I start feeling good again. I can get this off!

I eat very well except for a couple of cheat meals during the weekend and my cholesterol is crazy high too which never made sense to me. I believe our bodies just react to foods and nutrition differently.

I lost 10 pounds after my breakup and then proceeded to gain it back while in Vegas for 5 days. No idea how that happened hehehe.

Good luck!

kiss_andmakeup
I would totally change my hair color but my students will FREAK out if I do that lol. Working on that wardrobe tho. Money is tight but I want to buy an outfit that makes me feel really sexy next month! Maybe a tight dress or a low cut top! I usually dress fairly modest but I think I can make an exception ;)

I only mentioned it because I used to feel similarly to you…I wore my hair dark and constantly self-tanned (with lotions, not in the sun or a bed) because I felt like I looked like a ghost otherwise! Ever since I went red, I have a new found appreciation for my pale skin. ;)

• Like 2

Best of luck to you. And ditto on kissandmakeup's suggestion on the hair color and appreciation for your complexion and skin tone...

TigerLilly78

I think your doing it for the wrong reasons but if it gets you going I guess what ever works best of luck...

• Like 1
  • Author
music_and_poetry
I think your doing it for the wrong reasons but if it gets you going I guess what ever works best of luck...

K. You're entitled to an opinion.

• Author
music_and_poetry
Best of luck to you. And ditto on kissandmakeup's suggestion on the hair color and appreciation for your complexion and skin tone...

I've done everything from black to blonde hair. My students have a heart attack if I come in with my hair curly lol. They don't take changes well and it's a huge distraction for them. I honestly think I am happy with the hair color I have. I've thought about changing the style or putting in highlights but I'm not sure what I'd do different. Lame I know. I can't do anything super extreme because of my profession.

I've done everything from black to blonde hair. My students have a heart attack if I come in with my hair curly lol. They don't take changes well and it's a huge distraction for them. I honestly think I am happy with the hair color I have. I've thought about changing the style or putting in highlights but I'm not sure what I'd do different. Lame I know. I can't do anything super extreme because of my profession.

What about in the summer when you don't have your kids...? Just a thought.

• Author
music_and_poetry
What about in the summer when you don't have your kids...? Just a thought.

Haha I still teach over the summer. I teach privately.

Haha I still teach over the summer. I teach privately.

Just rock what you have now... :laugh:

• Like 1

All the best in your new makeover, but I also think you are doing somewhat for the wrong reasons too. the self esteem boost I get. You should not make all this effort now after your breakup to make your ex jealous...'hey look what you missed out on' style. you should have tried to be sexy for your bf while in the relationship. IDK what your relationship was like, and whether you resented making the effort because he was not a good bf, but I've seen so many people make the effort to improve their appearance & attitude for the sake of scoring a new bf/gf after taking their old one for granted.

• Like 1

A new look works wonders. Imagine my delight when i dropped a dress size to 8.

Joking aside, good luck and experiment with different looks.

• Like 1
TigerLilly78

I know I am thanks..lol I don't know what your relationship was like but to me changing yourself should come out of a want to better ones self. Other wise motivations such as trying to make a ex jealous will only go so far and eventually you will lose motivation. That was my thinking on it but like I said hey what ever works for now best of luck..

• Like 2
  • Author
music_and_poetry
I know I am thanks..lol I don't know what your relationship was like but to me changing yourself should come out of a want to better ones self. Other wise motivations such as trying to make a ex jealous will only go so far and eventually you will lose motivation. That was my thinking on it but like I said hey what ever works for now best of luck..

I was doing the majority of the things listed in my OP before I even dated him. A few things are new but for the most part, this is a plan to get back to that since I kind of wallowed in pity and fell out of my usual fitness regimine after the break-up. Trying to amp it up now and get back to being myself. If he winds up kicking himself for me getting hotter then I view it as an added bonus, not the motivating factor :p

• Like 1
deathandtaxes

I'd agree. Fundamental lifestyle changes should be made for you, not to make somebody else jealous. While the jealousy may be a good impetus, it will never be a factor in KEEPING up with said lifestyle changes. In the end, it has to be for YOU and nobody else. Not your ex, not anybody you're currently dating, nobody else but you.

Best of luck, though!! I think everybody on here will be rooting for you, OP.

• Like 1
leavesonautumn

Well, I think it's better that you're interested in a healthy lifestyle rather then wallowing in self pity, sad music and alcohol. I'm glad you're on a path to feeling uplifted no matter what.

If this were a post asking how to feel better, people would suggest working out, eating well and have a better lifestyle overall.

Maybe that's just me though.

• Like 3

Kudos for the inspiration! Maintain that sensibility in your life journey. I encourage getting some sunshine in your days. My Doctor even said, some things the sunshine can actually help you with...Vitamin D.:)

whatever gets you going is the starting point, from there you will move forward step by step. Maintain good habits and it will re-invent your body in spirit and health. Best to you!

TigerLilly78
Well, I think it's better that you're interested in a healthy lifestyle rather then wallowing in self pity, sad music and alcohol. I'm glad you're on a path to feeling uplifted no matter what.

If this were a post asking how to feel better, people would suggest working out, eating well and have a better lifestyle overall.

Maybe that's just me though.

Yep and I def would as well but only when the motivation is coming from the right place IE the op is doing it to make HER SELF feel good that didn't seam to be the case here that's the only reason I made the remarks I did but the OP seams to think its all good so again hope it works out well for her and that its enough motivation in the long run to keep things up..