Gym Schedule and Job

Hello, if anyone goes to the gym i would much appreciate some responses and advice.

Have a few questions before i do start.

Would 3-4 sessions a week be sufficient to build mass/lose weight? My time schedule does not allow for more than 3 times a week honestly.

How burned do you get from the gym? Last time i was there i got really fatigued every time.

The reason i am asking is because, my workplace is not behind the desk, also requires physical strength and general stamina.

SO i can't burn myself to hard at the gym i guess, otherwise i would be obsolete at work the next day...but i can't go to slow either otherwise i won't solve anything at the gym.

So is there a way to do this? I never really went to the gym so idk exactly how it works.

Also, in general, how much would it take to notice anything? Like chest/ab's areea :>. Mostly focusing on that so i would like to know.

I think 3-4 sessions a week will be fine, as long as you are consistent. I would gradually build up the intensity of your workouts, as stressful exercise can be very hard on the heart, even for a person with a healthy heart.

• Like 1
deathandtaxes

oh god please don't be one of those guys that only does chest stuff. please oh please!

What you eat is going to have a much greater impact on losing weight than hitting the gym. You can't out-exercise a ****ty diet.

If you've never been to the gym, find a trainer or a friend a lot more knowledgeable to show you the ropes.

• Like 3
oh god please don't be one of those guys that only does chest stuff. please oh please!

What you eat is going to have a much greater impact on losing weight than hitting the gym. You can't out-exercise a ****ty diet.

If you've never been to the gym, find a trainer or a friend a lot more knowledgeable to show you the ropes.

This right here ^^^^^^^

The key to getting a six pack and looking really fit is all in your diet, not in going to the gym. And yes, don't be the chest one day, biceps the next day guy. For a truly good workout, you want exercises that do compound movements of all your major muscles. Back, legs, traps, deltoids, etc are important also, otherwise you are just going to look like a guy with some biceps, a hard upper chest, with chicken legs and no definition in your back.

The one exercise that is so good for your body, given excellent compound movement, is the squat with a barbell. Learn how to do it, and it will benefit you greatly. And please no "I can't do squats with a barbell", anyone can do squats with it, you just have to be willing to learn. Just like anything know, you start off slow, aka just the barbell with no weight, and learn how to do it in proper form. Good luck!

Three sessions a week is more than enough to see significant gains. Concentrate on compound exercises - squats, bench presses, dead lifts, etc. Try not to ignore any muscle groups, like your legs.

It won't give you abs though. You make those in the kitchen.

You'll start noticing changes within a few weeks, and after a month or two you'll have a noticeably different physique. Gains will slow down after that and you'll need to adjust the intensity

Is this more build muscle desire than weight loss?

Sounds like you job is physically demanding and maybe giving you some activity already.

I would ease into things gradually if your experiencing fatigue and new to the gym.

You might also be surprised at how beginning with some simple things at home - like push ups - could start you off towards chest and abs.

• Author

I just want to tone myself a little and look nice and lose my tummy so yeah some weight loss, got one lately.

I have a pretty large frame at 184cm i'm 82kg, a lil tummy there. I looked best when i was 74, so i wanna get there again ^^.

Frankly i don't eat much or many carbs, but i got one slow metabolism :3.

And yes my job is physically demanding on some parts of my body, i don't want to be the CHEST GUY, i'm going to do all the parts, but i want to know how much it would take to develop the chest.

My ab's are okay actually...from work but i am not aiming for a sixpack.

Just that my arms are quite developed, abs covered by me belly xD, like no CHEST (pecks) and weak shoulders, why i want to fix it. And my legs are the most developed.

You know when you see those guys pull trucks with their legs...yeah well in my early ears i didn't do THAT, but i did something that really demanded my legs and they are quite built xD.

Anyway thanks :D.

PS: I did do work at home, saw changes but t'was taking me to long, plus to many distraction for me to keep at it. Why i decided on gym.

I started doing some sets, in total i would of gone like.

200 abs, 80 push'ups just to work my torso muscles + all the other things. Then i went and did more.

Is that even a okay number?xD

I did for two month's and i saw a change, then i decided on gym.

Edited by FrostBlaze

Yes, 3-4 sessions in a week are definitely more than good enough and if you can do a session on every other day rather than doing it straight 4 days and then 3 days rest would be best for you.

3 times a week, full body workouts is good for starters.

Eat accordingly (protein) and drink accordingly (water). It is when you sleep that you build those muscles. So rest days in between. Don't just go for certain muscle groups, you need to work out the entire body in order to gain sensibly.