Need Help Quitting Smoking PLZ

DayumQuitPlayin

Hey..first off Im new ...Nyce ta b apart of dis community.

Itte.. newayz.. i gotta ques. Ok I smoke right.. smoke NewPorts ..anwayz.. I really wanna quit.. and I should have..but i wuz stupid once I got bacc out of jail. I started up again... and BaM.. Im Hook'd. Newayz.. I wuz hopin if anyone who has smoked..and quit.. if dey could offer some advice.

I would luv ta b a non-smoker.. and dont worry ta spend money on cigarettes n etc.. So if anyone can help me.. Thanx Alot :D

reasontosigh

When was the last time you saw your doctor?

There's all kinds of things that have come out recently to help people quit, but quite a few of them require a prescription.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

I dont have a doctor.. i havent seen a doctor in like ...Years.... im tha type that goes if i have to.. if not den no need. So i should go see a doctor.. and he could prescribe me somethin then, huh

reasontosigh

Possibly. Or he could recommend an over the counter product.

What the doc needs to take into account are your age, smoking history, medical history, and the like. You will need a physical at any rate, regardless of what is actually prescribed or recommended. Even the over the counter stuff says to check with a doctor first.

Good luck!

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

dayum.. i gotta take a physical.. i hate dem things.. but i appreciate ur feedbacc thank u :)

I hear the new patches work very well. My parents just quit by using some new patch. It must work very well.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

I've neva tried tha patch.. but I've tried tha gum. They dont really work that well.. i only used it wen i wuz in skool.. weneva i would get da urge ta smoke.

I might try tha patches tho, thank u

i have been on the patch for six months... it should only take 12 weeks. i love the patch when i am at work and not in the environment in which i am the weakest: the barstool. my problem is that i have done nothing to remove myself from the surroundings where i am most likely to smoke. therefore, the patch ends up in the ashtray by the end of the night and i end up a happy camper for the rest of the night until i feel guilty in the morning for being so indulgent.

bottom line: patch is great so long as you keep yourself away from those situations where you will be tempted or have easy access to a smoke. plus- no doctor needed.

target has a two week supply for $32 or so- at that price it is cheaper than a carton of newports.

good luck - d.