How long did it took to get the body you´ve always wanted?

About 10 years. I started at 5'10 255 pounds in high school and I got there last year. One small lifestyle change at a time.

• Like 1

Been at dieting and weight training for 26 years. It's always a work in progress, and never reach the so called destination.

• Like 2

From "You know what? I can do better than this, I don't like how my body looks and I don't feel sexy" to "Damn girl, you're looking good. I'd have wild monkey sex with you" was around 14months all up.

The body I've always wanted is totally beyond me.

He's married, and living in Hollywood.....:rolleyes:

• Like 4
RiverRunning

I'm 5'8" and started at about 295 pounds in 2005. In 6 - 7 months, I was down to 230 pounds. Gained alll the way back up to 270. I started working out again last April...went from about 265 down to 210, which is roughly where I am currently.

I'm expecting to get to my 'dream' body, around 160 pounds, within the next 6 - 7 months. I might drop another 10 - 20 vanity pounds after that, assuming I have it, which will probably be another 1 - 3 months.

So...total, cumulative time between my heaviest and where I'd like to be? Probably a total of about 2 years to go from 295 to 140 - 150, not counting the time in between that I took off.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ill never achieve it, thats what keeps me going. But it took me about 3 years to get a body that turns heads at the beach. (many ups and downs during that time so it wasnt 3 years constant training)

ON MY OWN

I have done it before and am trying to do it again. I never got quite where I wanted but real close and it took about 6-8 months of total dedication to diet and excercise and weights and running alot. (6 days a week) That got me to about 90-95 percent where I wanted to be.

Starting out about 15lbs-20lbs out of shape.. really not bad but not great on a smaller frame and about 5'4" working out 4x a week with heavy weights and running 3-4 times a week. it takes between 3-4 months. More about 4. And I wasn't young anymore either this was my late 30's.

And I gotta say most people will tell you the first 100 was easy the last 10 is the hardest and they'd be right.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering...I´ve been working on my ideal body image and its taking a while lol

You can also rephrase the question to "how long did it take me to accept my body type and love myself as I am"? My answer to that would be "the question is my life-long quest, and we'll see in the end how well I did!" :)

Because each year I age or come to a change in my life (having kids, hair going grey, etc.), I'll have to assess "being happy with my body image" every time. I'm too lazy for that.

I'm too lazy for that.

At least you admit it. Most prefer to blame Society.

I am a work in progress.

is my current role model. She is 65 but is very strong and looks great. Some of you may have seen her over the years on PBS with her exercise show. Edited by FitChick
HallowedBeThyName

I'm 5'10 175 Lbs @ around 8% bodyfat. I would imagine I have the "perfect beach body" that most men would like to have but my goal is to be as muscular as naturally possible so I guess I haven't reached my goal yet

It's a lot of fun constantly improving your body, I never want to stop doing that

Edited by HallowedBeThyName