Anyone tried the 3-day-diet plan? Did it work?

I was thinking of trying the 3-day-diet plan. I have only heard good things about it, so I thought "why not?" I was just wondering if any of you have tried this diet. If so, did you lose weight? How much? It says you can lose 10 lbs the first week and any week you do it thereafter. It's like 3 days of really restricted calorie intake and then 4 normal days (with moderate portions, of course). I figured it wouldn't be so bad.

Anyhoo - some opinions would be great. THANKS!! :D

Any diet, ANY diet in the entire universe, where you loose a lot of weight quickly is not good and could even be dangerous for some people with certain medical conditions. The objective of weight loss should ALWAYS be to shave the pounds off slowly and keep them off forever. You can't do this by doing some crazy fad thing. Yes, you can absolutely lose weight fast simply by not eating much and by drinking juices and taking vitamins. But the chemical and psychological messages received by the body during this kind of diet will backfire on you big time and the weight till come back plus some. Even in the long term weight loss programs that people pay for, most people...upwards of 90 percent....gain the weight back. Crash diet programs are developed by people who want to make a quick buck. You can even make up one yourself by considering that 3500 calories make up a pount and most people burn about 2,000 calories per day. Make a diet that consists of less than 2000 calories per day and you've got yourself a diet. Add excercise that burns up calories and it becomes better yet. There...go make yourself a billion dollars. You've not got the secret.

There is ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY one diet in the world that works. That is simply reducing the number of calories you take in during each day and increasing exercise or other activity. If you have fat on your body, that means you are taking in more calories than your body needs and the excess is being stored as fat. To loose this weight long term, reduce your caloric intake so it's not painful (reduce portions), increase your activity a bit, and watch the weight go down over time. A good, lasting weight loss diet is one that requires a change in lifestyle for a lifetime.

Crash diets absolutely cause pounds to go down short term (water weight in the one you mentioned above) but they will reappear when you go back to your usual lifestyle. You really need to be cautious because at your age it is much easier to maintain your desired weight than it will be as you get older and your metabolism slows down. Learn new eating habits and take an hour or more a day away from the computer to walk, run or otherwise exercise indoors as the weather permits. Learn eating and exercise habits you can live with for a lifetime.

Crash diets are a major joke.

• Author

Tony - but it will work, right? (That's all I wanted to know).....

Cindy - I think I am gonna. I will let you know.

What is the 3-day plan? Does it work? How do you do it! I'll give it a try. I got family coming in next week for thanksgiving and I'd like to look my best, man if I lost 10 lbs. I'd weigh 120 lbs! that'd be great, sign me up!

Originally posted by Tonysweetie

What is the 3-day plan? Does it work? How do you do it! I'll give it a try. I got family coming in next week for thanksgiving and I'd like to look my best, man if I lost 10 lbs. I'd weigh 120 lbs! that'd be great, sign me up!

I'm not endorsing it, just giving the site I found about it.

http://www.3-day-diet-plan.com/

• 5 months later...
pharmbabe21

I tried the 3-day diet recently. It does work!! I lost 6 pounds and have not gained it back. I just needed a boost in my weight loss. I am currently doing Weight Watchers and love it.... just wanted to try the 3-day diet. I definitely recommend it.