Atkins And Fruit Diet???

OneTimeUser99

I tried the Atkins diet and it worked out fine....but Im a sucker for fruit. I love watermelon and plums and peaches and well you get the point. With the Atkins diet I managed to lose weight fast....but do you think I would still get the same results if I had no more than 10 carbs a day...but one serving of fruit aday which would fill in for the vitamin c and protien and everything I dont get......thanks

For one, the Atkins diet causes significant and immediate WEIGHT loss because there is a significant amount of WATER loss. This is not relevant to changing body composition.

Losing bodyfat is about eating fewer calories than you expend. ALL dietary approaches must build on this. There's nothing magical about the Atkins approach...it is neither new nor inventive. You can eat all sorts of varying combinations of fat, protein, and carbohydrate and still lose bodyfat. Carbohydrates are not the enemy.

but one serving of fruit aday which would fill in for the vitamin c and protien and everything I dont get

I'm not sure what kind of superfruit you have....but you're not going to get a full day's needs of vitamins...much less any protein.

I would steer clear of the Atkins diet. You lose weight because there are so many things that you can't eat!

It's all about moderation. You can eat all the foods you want....in moderation!

Eating lots of fruits and veggies is always good. I'm not much of a weight loss expert, but I've had a co-worker who went to Weight Watchers. She was very successful and raved about the program.

Your brain needs carbs to work properly. I found one source that stated that the brain requires 60g of carbs a day though it sounds a tad high to me. I think the Atkins diet is a conspiracy to dumb down the population ;)