LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Guys: Baby powder on your balls?!

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2010, 12:14 AM   #1
Established Member

Guys: Baby powder on your balls?!

I apologize if i've posted this in the wrong forum, but I couldn't decide which one this should go under.

Anyway, I was at work a little while ago sitting around with my co-workers discussing how men sweat (don't ask). A guy had brought up that he uses baby powder on his balls every day to keep them 'fresh'. I was completely taken back, but none of the other guys seemed to flinch. I asked if that was normal, and they all agreed that they do it.

I was curious to know how many guys actually do this? I don't ever remember smelling (or tasting) baby powder down there before, or having a boyfriend admit that he does it. This was the first time i've ever heard of such a thing.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Established Member

Eh, maybe sometimes after I workout, but thats not to keep them 'fresh' just to fight any rashes (damn things do crazy friction burns when you sweat) but I've never heard of anybody doing it everyday.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Established Member

I don't do it but some men do it to prevent them becoming infected from rubbing against the legs all day. It can get very raw and itchy down there in the summer. I know this sounds gross but that is why some men do it.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:22 AM   #4
Established Member

Never heard of such a thing.

I do keep mine pressed up into my body though. Then I use a twist-tie to keep them from falling back down. A lot of guys do that. It hurts a little, but it's also a hygiene thing. Ask Woggle.
Hot Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 12:23 AM   #5

Location: the Commonwealth of Bored Cops and Fast Food Joints...
my ex did it every day and I think, also performed ballet while doing it, going by all the baby powder ALL OVER the bathroom he used. Though, he does have the Long B Syndrome, as coined by Larry David...so maybe that's part of it.
redmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 1:21 AM   #6
Established Member

Not baby powder...Gold Bond medicated powder...I prefer the kind in the teal bottle over the regular yellow bottle...but I usually only use it after manscaping in the shower...it works absolute wonders...and you get that neat tingly sensation for a little while...
Old 19th May 2010, 8:47 AM   #7
flc
Established Member

Nope , but I have been known to shave them

On long, >3hr, bike rides I may use a chamois cream. Getting crotch chafing from hours in the saddle is no fun
flc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 11:12 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaH329 View Post
I don't ever remember smelling (or tasting) baby powder down there before

This thread is full of lulz.

Personally, I wear specially designed codpiece that controls temperature and humidity. It also optimizes U.V. exposure. It was very expensive, but I feel well worth the price.
tman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Established Member

Erica, as a soldier, I've used talcum powder (gold Bond and others) to help fight "galding", around my balls. IN Iraq and Afghanistan, I would use it quite often. When a man's crotch gets sweaty, his nuts rub against his leg, it's like a rug burn, if you use talc, this helps keep the area dry, a prevents this from occuring as much.
Old 19th May 2010, 4:35 PM   #10
Established Member

Hmm, this is interesting! I'm really surprised that i've never heard about this before. Makes me feel so naive

At least now I know there's no reason for a man to smell like sweaty balls
EricaH329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 6:55 AM   #11

I should have known better than to click on this thread whilst eating dinner.....
Evolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 2:24 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolo View Post
I should have known better than to click on this thread whilst eating dinner.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDragon View Post
Why is it such a surprise, Erica? Is it only for babies or woman?

I'm not embarrassed to say that yes...I use it a lot... My feet "there" and everywhere.

I have J&J Lavender BP...
Oh, I am not judging! I think it's great when a guy has good hygiene! I was just surprised because I had never heard of anything like that before, and apparently it's quite common.
EricaH329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 2:34 PM   #13

Location: Working on a clear blue summer sky, at BuddhaDhammaSangha
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaH329 View Post
At least now I know there's no reason for a man to smell like sweaty balls
Sweaty balls may be the least of his problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDragon View Post
Why is it such a surprise, Erica? Is it only for babies or woman?

I'm not embarrassed to say that yes...I use it a lot... My feet "there" and everywhere.

I have J&J Lavender BP...
well, I would stop as soon as you can.

Talcum powder is a carcinogen, and is extremely dangerous, as it's absorbed by the skin and mucous areas.

Quote:
(. . .)This inaction ignores a 1993 National Toxicology Program report which found that cosmetic grade talc, without any asbestos-like fibers, caused tumors in animal subjects.1 Clearly with or without asbestos-like fibers, cosmetic grade talcum powder is a carcinogen.

Q. What kind of exposure is dangerous?

A. Talc is toxic. Talc particles cause tumors in human ovaries and lungs. Numerous studies have shown a strong link between frequent use of talc in the female genital area and ovarian cancer. Talc particles are able to move through the reproductive system and become imbedded in the lining of the ovary. Researchers have found talc particles in ovarian tumors and have found that women with ovarian cancer have used talcum powder in their genital area more frequently than healthy women.
I haven't used talc since the seventies. I still don't know if I'm safe....I won't touch it with a bargepole. Or similar long, round, stiff implement....
TaraMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 2:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraMaiden View Post
well, I would stop as soon as you can.

Talcum powder is a carcinogen, and is extremely dangerous, as it's absorbed by the skin and mucous areas.
You're saying that the babies of America, most of whom are dusted at some point with Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder, are being subjected to cancer?
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 2:55 PM   #15
Established Member

corn starch is a great alternative....

and just FYI- i hate the way baby powder smells .... i would puke if my guy BPed his junk and i had to be around it.