Ok, second day with my treadmill and now I'm back to taking my diet seriously as I did the first time when I lost my first 75 lbs. The first day I got my treadmil I walked on it for 20 minutes, thus 1 mile on it.

This morning before showering I walked on it for another 20 minutes, thus a mile according to the digital tracker on it. Then tonight I used it for 35 minutes, this time according to it 2.02 miles. Afterwards I did 35 bench presses with my weights and then another 15 in curels.

So now that I'm back to exercising, I now need to watch what I eat. I noticed that the more serious I get about dieting, the more scared I am about eating. Dangerous, I know. But it's a fear of gaining the weight back and makes it feel as though using my treadmill, or wlaking in general, was a waste.

I want to cut back on fast food, but the problem I face is everytime I try one of those microwave healthy food things, they're flat out nasty.

Does anyone know of any healthy food choices out there that isn't to much in fat, good for you, but tastes awesome? Something that's quick and easy to put together and you can buy from walmart groceries or from a grocery store?

Be sure you are taking a good vitamin and mineral supplement so your body will be properly nourished during your diet. Take it in the morning so the B vitamins won't keep you up at night. ALL-ONE is a great powder supplement you mix with juice and it has everything in it you need. Go to this page: http://www.advantage2000.com/allinone.htm , scroll down, to read about the product and order it if you like. It is also found in many good health food stores. You can also get capsule vitamins that are good. Ask around.

Also, be very sure that in the beginning of your exercise program, you aren't overdoing it. Don't try to do too much at one time.

As for eating, environmental control is very important. That means keeping fatty foods OUT of your environment. If you don't have junk in the refrigerator or pantry, you won't be tempted. Don't keep cookies, cakes, candies, etc. around your home.

Find a restaurant in your town that prepares excellent salads, with pieces of ham, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. with a tasty dressing you enjoy. Make arrangements with the manager to pick one of these up every other day at dinner time. As you progress in your excercising, your hunger will lessen and a nice sized salad will be plenty.

Eat some fruit as a snack at night. Citrus is OK, pieces of fresh apple, etc. Keep carrot sticks, fruit and other low calorie items in your refrigerator for snacks if you get hungry and just can't handle it.

Eating out is your biggest problem. The problem isn't always the food. If you order properly, you will get good, balanced meals. The problem is restaurants usually give you 2.5 to 3 times the amount of food you need. When you eat at a restaurant, take every portion and cut it in half. Eat half then and take the other half home for the next day.

Fast food is a MAJOR problem but many, such as MacDonald's, now have salads. Wendy's has a great Taco Salad, just have them go easy on the Chili topping and eat only until you feel mildly full...THEN STOP. Don't overeat just because it's in front of you. That crap your parents gave you about finishing everything on your plate was just that, a bunch of crap. Your parents meant well but they didn't know much about diet and eating 25 years ago.

An average fast food meal of a burger, fries, and shake can add 1500 calories or more to your day's intake. That's almost two thirds of what you should be taking in the entire day. If you must, don't eat the fries and drink a diet soda instead of the shake. Once a week, you can treat yourself to the fries or half the shake, but just don't expect to lose much weight for a day or two.

Don't starve yourself silly, just eat sensibly. Go to a book store and get a calorie counter and stick to eating the proper foods. If you go to the diet section, there are also books for people who have to eat a lot of fast food stuff that will help you cut down on calories at those places.

If there is any human way possible, stay away from fast food joints altogether. Their food is high in calories, high in fat and, overtime, your arteries will develop plague that will lead to a heart attack. Ray Kroc, who founded MacDonald's, died of a heart attack. Dave Thomas, who founded Wendy's, has had triple bypass heart surgery. Col. Sanders died of old age, mostly because he didn't eat much of his fried chicken. His wife fed him healthy meals at home.

Once you lose all your weight, find a nice lady who cooks healthy goods and get married.

• Author

Well, I've been lifting weights for probably a month or so for the most part at least 4 - 5 times a week. Since Sunday I've used my new treadmill not just every night for 40 minutes, but every morning as well for another 20 minutes.

I have notice that my stomach feels different, harder so to speak on the sides and can feel my rib cages as if the muslces are starting to build. My man boobs, I strongly believe, are appearing to slowly be going away. I notice now that, especially laying down, it's begining to feel harder in my chest like muscles rather than flab and seems as though the man boobs are starting to round out more and flatten as to being pointy and very noticeable.

While I can feel the hardness when I lay down or stretch in my man boobs, it's different because before it was just fat and before I began working out even when laying down they woudl stick up. Well not when I lay down, literally they disappear. So I know it's a work in progress, but I am slightly noticing.

I, at first, was depressed when I weighed myself and noticed that I haven't lost much weight in a while.. but I then realized that muscles tend to weigh just as much, if not more, than fat and the fat is just being replaced by the muscles. So really, I'm losing weight and toning up my body.. but I'm not tremendously losing the weight cause the muscles are forming in my body causing the weight to stay. I'm sure it'll even out eventually and once I totally lose the fat I'll be like 180.. but for now I'll stick to the 218 and be happy.

Thanks for your support!

Hi Joe,

It's good to hear from positive people like you. I suggest you get the book by Bill Phillips called "Body for LIfe" this will change your life as well as how you understand exercising and nutrition. I also suggest eating 6 small meals a day to increase your fat burning process. good luck on your progress...stay positive as ever...Alex

Well, I've been lifting weights for probably a month or so for the most part at least 4 - 5 times a week. Since Sunday I've used my new treadmill not just every night for 40 minutes, but every morning as well for another 20 minutes. I have notice that my stomach feels different, harder so to speak on the sides and can feel my rib cages as if the muslces are starting to build. My man boobs, I strongly believe, are appearing to slowly be going away. I notice now that, especially laying down, it's begining to feel harder in my chest like muscles rather than flab and seems as though the man boobs are starting to round out more and flatten as to being pointy and very noticeable. While I can feel the hardness when I lay down or stretch in my man boobs, it's different because before it was just fat and before I began working out even when laying down they woudl stick up. Well not when I lay down, literally they disappear. So I know it's a work in progress, but I am slightly noticing. I, at first, was depressed when I weighed myself and noticed that I haven't lost much weight in a while.. but I then realized that muscles tend to weigh just as much, if not more, than fat and the fat is just being replaced by the muscles. So really, I'm losing weight and toning up my body.. but I'm not tremendously losing the weight cause the muscles are forming in my body causing the weight to stay. I'm sure it'll even out eventually and once I totally lose the fat I'll be like 180.. but for now I'll stick to the 218 and be happy. Thanks for your support!