A while back I had braces for my crooked teeth:lmao:. When the braces were taken off, the gum on my lower teeth had expanded (because of the moving of the teeth, I believe) and have now made my bottom lips stick out a bit more than before I had braces. The differences is only noticeable if you examine it for a bit but I still hate it to pieces.

Anyone else with bad expierences with braces?:(

Use this opportunity to learn how to pucker up your lips so they look sexy. I hear girls dig sexy lips.

Yah, my motherfcvking retard of an orthodontist decided to shave the bottoms of my teeth without asking me. They look good now, but they would have looked equally good a little bigger than perfect, and I'm still pissed about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my teeth are straight but the enamel was chipped off when they removed the braces.

Sue! Sue!

Unless you signed a form that specifically said that your gum might get bigger but you were prepared to take the risk and have the treatment anyway, (same for chipped enamel) you could be able to get some compensation from your orthodontist.

I don't know why I am telling you this.

sunshinegirl
A while back I had braces for my crooked teeth:lmao:. When the braces were taken off, the gum on my lower teeth had expanded (because of the moving of the teeth, I believe) and have now made my bottom lips stick out a bit more than before I had braces. The differences is only noticeable if you examine it for a bit but I still hate it to pieces.

Anyone else with bad expierences with braces?:(

Might it be some kind of temporary 'swelling' that will go away in time? The only other possibility I can think of is that somehow the roots of your lower teeth have been pushed outward, but that would suggest that your teeth are now angled inward, not straight up-and-down... It's hard to visualize this, to be honest.

What does your orthodontist say about it? I had braces as a teenager and didn't have any kind of effect like that.