I'm newlywed and my husband has eating issues

electric_sheep

I hesitate to even suggest this, because it is so incredibly rare among heterosexual men, but it almost sounds like he could have an eating disorder.

The other possibility is that you simply prefer bigger guys? By that I mean... maybe you just have a different measuring stick of what is skinny, and what is an acceptable weight? My grandmother (and to a certain degree my mom) comes to mind... she was always telling me I was too skinny, when in fact I was perfectly fine.

Why don't you look at one of those height/weight charts and see if he falls in the "normal" range.

http://www.nutribase.com/fwchartm.shtml

I found one that says a man of 6' should be within 145-187.

On that link I posted they talk about how worthless weight charts are, but it will give you some idea of whether he might actually be too skinny, or if you just think he is too skinny. I'd say if he is at least in the 140's he would still be considered "normal" for a 6' man.

Ironically I have the opposite problem with my gf.

There might be something to the idea that he is doing this to set an example for you. I think I quasi unconsciously did the same thing with my gf for a while. I was trying to convince her of the merits of exercise and eating right, and there for a while I was the perfect "model" of healthy living. I'm still pretty/really healthy (depending on where you're coming from), but I'll certainly have some cookies with my tea now... trying to be an example gets old after a while.

;)

My dad got prostate cancer and that threw me into a crazed health phase for a while too. I was eating broccoli like 4 times a week. I ended up losing 5 pounds, but I've stabilized now.

i don't think he's tring to take a moral high ground. i think he's tring to watch his eating to set a example to you. you say you're the one with weight control problems.i truely believe in his mind, he's doing this to help you.you need to have a sit down discussion. regarding your problems, and it's okay 4 him to eat.