meth

Has anyone dealt with someone who is a meth addict or a recovering meth addict?

Yup,

me, been clean for 12 months now....

:)

• Author

First off, congrats Morphius on being clean!! What a huge hurdle you've overcome, and I admire you for that. Can I ask what is was like for you both when you were on meth and then your recovery? Do you fight it every day? If it's too personal, let me know. I met someone who is supposedly in recovery and it has sparked major curiousity within me.

NTB/Otter - is it someone close to you?

My sister has been clean for 10 months now. She emailed me yesterday saying it will be her 1 year anniversary in April. I think it is a big deal to her.

Has anyone dealt with someone who is a meth addict or a recovering meth addict?

ahh, the meth addict, a dangerous creature, approach with caution!

i have extensive experience with a meth addictbeing my partner - i used occassionaly - weekend use etc for about 3 years while at uni, then did not use for 2 years, no reason why i stopped just did, and honestly after 1 weeks sleep i was over it, i still wanted it but i decided no. keeping in mind that my partner was using big time still

i have found the problem with meth is when it takes over their life, it becomes everything, i am a strong believer of everything in moderation, however people with addictive personalities this is not an option.

i also believe the biggest problem with meth users is the lack of sleep - i have know people to be awake for 13 days without a wink of sleep. i have a theory that if these users slept a little bit everynight or second night then there may be some hope, but as one junkie said to me once (after i suggested he goes to sleep) but i have to star all over again, sleepins cheain'

values, respect and moderaion is the key to happy life

everyone has a drug of choice, yours might be coffee, ciggies, alcolhol others meth, smack etc