Signs of someone using cocaine

What are the signs of someone that is using cocaine? Actually, tell me anything and everything you guys know about cocaine, like how people use it, etc. I know that a guy friend of my boyfriend uses the stuff and I'm afraid that he's gonna get my boyfriend to use it/try it if he isn't already. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

when on it you talk alot!!! more than one person goes into the bathroom or stall at a time to do lines... sniffling.... rubbing nose... cant sit still... eyes dialated.....

Lots and lots of sniffing.

A guy I dated used to do it and I didn't know.

I thought he was always sick. Yeah right he was sniffling because of the cocaine.

Lots of rubbing of nose. Jittery. Hyper. Jumpy.

Goes to bathroom a lot or spend a while in the bathroom.

Long pinky nail

When they get a 'drip' which is when the cocaine is dripping from the insde of the nose down the throat it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth and if you kiss him you can taste it!

Yuck!

I think thats about it.

Olivia_19742004

Uh..okay..thinking back to my youth..

1) Talking a lot. (I never shut up!)

2) Cocky (I thought I was so damn funny when I was on coke. I really wasn't funny at all )

3) Runny nose/Sniffing a lot

4) Jittery/Unable to stand still

5) Lack of appetite

5) Insomnia (while on coke but I didn't notice any problem sleeping when I came off it)

6) Horny

7) Increased smoking (I smoked while using so I would smoke one right after another for hours)

8) Grinding teeth

9) Difficulty focusing

Just keep in mind that each person responds differently.

It's called "Post Nasal Drip"

Yes to the sniffing. And if they're unused to it, expect some loogie hawking (hocking) as well.

If a man does a lot of it, he won't be able to get it up.......(at least that's what I've been told ;) )

Originally posted by Mr Spock

If a man does a lot of it, he won't be able to get it up.......(at least that's what I've been told ;) )

My experiance- what goes up can't seem to go down :o:rolleyes:

Olivia_19742004

Well..from what I've seen they can get it up but they can't seem to orgasm. Maybe it's different for some but I've run in a few that have stimulated and been stimulated for hours and were as hard as could be but couldn't finish.

• Author

Well my boyfriend and his buddies have a tendency to stay out really late and I usually don't see him when he gets home but this past Friday they were at a party until 6:00 in the morning. I noticed the next day that there were bloody tissues in the bathroom, like someone had a bloody nose. Then Sunday I found half of the outside of a pen, like the ink was taken out and the pen was cut in half. When I scraped the inside, white powder fell out. But I can't prove who had the bloody nose or who the pen belonged to. I don't want to accuse my boyfriend of something he might not be doing. But then again, if he is doing drugs, I definitely want to know about it b/c I don't want to date anyone doing drugs.

LOL Olivia u just reminded me of my youth.

LOL I thought I was sooo damn funny. Boy I was wrong. I was also the stronget woman in the world. I was made of steel!

And I was so smart because I could talk about anything and I swore i knew exactly what I was talking about.

Thank god that was a one time phase and I'm never touching that stuff again.

It's just I did modeling and all the other models did it and I wanted to fit in and stay skinny.

I was so dumb now I understand why gown ups said

"If I knew then what I know now"

Originally posted by EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd

LOL Olivia u just reminded me of my youth.

LOL I thought I was sooo damn funny. Boy I was wrong. I was also the stronget woman in the world. I was made of steel!

And I was so smart because I could talk about anything and I swore i knew exactly what I was talking about.

Thank god that was a one time phase and I'm never touching that stuff again.

It's just I did modeling and all the other models did it and I wanted to fit in and stay skinny.

I was so dumb now I understand why gown ups said

"If I knew then what I know now"

an Al dont accuse but those are definite signs of cocaine use. Talk to your bf and ask who it belongs to.

• Author

I also heard that a sign is no nose hairs but is that something that would only occur after long term use or something that happens right away?

• 3 weeks later...

The loss of many nose hairs occurs after longer term use. It won't happen right away.

Did you ask him about the pen again?

• Author

I did confront my boyfriend about the pen and he said it wasn't his. He told me that he was going to find out who it belonged to and that his two friends that do cocaine on occasion were with him that night and he left his car unlocked at the party they were at so they did have access to his car. He told me later that he confronted one of his friends about it and they admitted to doing cocaine that night but that the pen wasn't his so he figures it belongs to his other guy friend who will never admit the pen is his b/c that's just the way he is.

Otherwise I can't tell any signs that my boyfriend is a user. He only goes with these guys maybe once a weekend or every other weekend and he gets home so late that I don't see him long enough to notice any signs anyways. I am assuming though that if he is doing cocaine that I will eventually notice some symptoms since I hear the drug is quite addicting and he wouldn't be able to just do it once every two weeks. At least that's my hope, unfortunately, is that if it's him the signs will be there.

Have you talked to him about it? Asked him point blank if he has been using? That you've noticed some things and that he gets home really late, etc? That you don't want to live like that?

My ex lied to me for 5 months or so before he admitted that he was using... I posted on another topic re: coke usage yesterday as well. You can do a search on coke or cocaine and find it, I'm sure, if you want the story. I'd be happy to tell you here though, if you'd prefer.

I was both an abuser and the gf of a long time abuser. I've got lots of stories, many very sad.

• Author

Yes, I have asked him point blank if he has been using drugs and he firmly denies it. I know that he used to use in high school but he says he has no interest in drugs anymore. I truly want to believe him but I find it hard to believe sometimes that he can be around these drugs with his friends and not feel tempted. I was never a drug user so I don't know how they effect you or really whether or not he may be tempted but that's just my guess. He also knows that I wouldn't date someone using drugs and that would be a reason not to tell me the truth.

Shamen, I wouldn't mind hearing your stories if you are willing to share them.

Greetings Al...

OK, some stories. In college, I had a good friend who used a bunch and I started using. Later, I just found myself caught up in it somehow. I had lots of friends who used. All of a sudden, I found myself stuck in a scene that I couldn't really even believe that I was in: doing coke, other drugs and drinking to the point of blacking out on a regular basis. I was using a lot and living for getting drunk and doing drugs. I had friends who paid for the drugs, as I didn't have any money to really pay for it.

I got to this point that I realized that I was going to sink into a hole if I didn't pay more attention to getting clean. I think the kicker was the optometrist (spelling?) asking me if I did a lot of drugs because he could tell just by doing my eye exam. Tried to see a counselor for depression and she wouldn't continue to see me as, by my own account, I was doing too many drugs. She suggested rehab or NA. I was waking up in the mornings and puking. Messing up at work. I began seeing friends die from overdoses (mostly a mix of coke and heroin).

Decided that I needed to get clean, so I moved out of my apartment with my roommate to live by myself. Went back to school, got my grad degree and moved out of town to start over. That was 9 years ago. I don't do drugs anymore, but I still drink here and there.

My ex and I were together for 3 1/2 years. It's still kind of going on, as he is still calling. We went out for 9 months or so and moved in together. I knew that he did drugs once in a while, but didn't think that he was out of control in any way. Nor was he drinking every day. Four months after living together, I realized that something was definitely wrong. He wouldn't come home sometimes and he wouldn't talk about it. Finally one morning when he showed up, he started crying, saying that he was doing coke again. I knew that he had problems with it in the past, but I didn't see the signs in him, even though I too had been an abuser.

I dealt with him not coming home on and off for 2 1/2 years. Going out and getting wasted with his friends, not coming home till all hours. He got into a car accident; got arrested for a dwi. Did some jail time. Lost a job. It's not pretty. I missed work because of him getting arrested for drug possession. The time spent was hell. He went into rehab; was clean for a month; then started drinking and doing drugs again. I lived with it for a time and finally I walked away as I had become an enabler.

It took me so much time to walk away. I wasted so much time. I still miss and love him, the part of him that is not an alcoholic/drug addict. I ending up sleeping with him again recently as I do still love him, even though he's wrong for me. Of course, he reminded me why we broke up on Thursday when he called me completely wasted 3 times on my cell asking where I was and why didn't I pick up the phone.

I'm not saying that your bf is a drug addict, but all I'm saying is that you really need to be careful. If he's giong out till all hours of the morning and you're finding paraphenalia (spelling?) in your house with bloody tissues, that's just weird. Why is he staying out till all hours of the morning? What are they doing? What does he say? Have you been invited to go out with them?

Is him staying out till all hours of the morning something that you are willing to accept? If he's flatly denying the drug use still (and maybe he's telling the truth), I'm not even sure what to tell you. Maybe try Narcotics Anonymous to see if they have any ideas? Check them out on the web. Maybe they'll have a link on what to look for. This is such a tough call. (I was really sympathetic for my ex bf at first and tried so hard to help, but he would have none of it as the years progressed. He started lying about it again as he knows that I don't do drugs anymore.)

I don't know if my stories here will help any, but they are just my experiences and I hope they help somewhat. Know that it is not normal behavior to stay out till all hours on a regular basis. If he's going out till 2:00 am until the bar closes, and comes home immediately once in a while, that can be cool. Even going to an after hours party once in a while is cool too. (And maybe nothing is going on.) But if he's doing it all the time, that's a problem.

How old are you, BTW?

Please keep in mind that I'm just a person and obviously you should see the LS disclaimer at the bottom of the page. These are just opinions and advice (and my own stories) and you should see somebody about this if you're really worried.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd

Lots and lots of sniffing.

A guy I dated used to do it and I didn't know.

I thought he was always sick. Yeah right he was sniffling because of the cocaine.

Lots of rubbing of nose. Jittery. Hyper. Jumpy.

Goes to bathroom a lot or spend a while in the bathroom.

Long pinky nail

When they get a 'drip' which is when the cocaine is dripping from the insde of the nose down the throat it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth and if you kiss him you can taste it!

Yuck!

I think thats about it.

[color=red][/color]

i have been married almost a year and now my husband has never

got any money. After he gets paid he might have money for two or three

days. I have seen in the past few months that my daughters money

that i put in a jug has gotten gone now, also he has started lying

about things that are stupid. I don't know what to do? I found out

that he used cocaine when he was younger.

I think the best way to find out if your b friend is doing coke is to let him know that you are interested in trying it, or tell him that you tried it and see what his reaction is. If he does coke, he will be thrilled to a peanut to find out that you did coke and liked it. Trust me, people who do this drug love to have people to do this drug with, and who better then your own girlfriend, right? Also, if you don't like that approach, then you should follow him when he goes out and the next day, go up to kiss him and try to check his nose for any crusted powder residue...also you can offer to cook for him the moment he gets home to see if he will eat, or just check the tell tale sign,...coming home late, losing weight, sniffing a lot or even more then usual, losing interest in other things, going out with him and seing if he is having a good time without using...good luck =)

• 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend did some about a month ago and it was awful........

He was trembling all over. I thought he was going to hard a heart attack.

He was very perinoid was covering up all the windows in the house and even started covering the air conditioning vents.

He was looking through everything trying to check for drugs being planted by the police.

His eyes were very wide open you could say. He heard every noise.

He was up all night long talking......

It was a very bad trip.......

It was real scarry for me.......... It wore me out watching after him.

I was trying to sleep and he talked to me all night long. I had to go to work the next day I was not in a real good mood you could say.

my bf used to do it to. it was a everyweekend thing he used to go out with his friends and at first i didtn know i thought that he was jsut haning out i knew that he did it in the past but thought if he did he would be past that since he is older.

one nite i was chilling with a friend and he was like ya come over he was chilling with some people immedialy when i got there i knew he was doing something at the time i didnt know it was coke i just knew it was some kind of drug i fliped out on him. but he continued to use on a fridsy nite basis and i would go out with friends and drink cuz thats the only thing i did.

around christmas time this year he promised me he wouldnt do it no more and i wouldnt drink he didnt like me drunk and i didnt like him high on coke so i thought it was the end of my prob. about a month later i found out he did it again and my heart sank i was so upset with him cuz he didnt tell me at first and i saw him that day to and noticed he looked werid and i was like are u ok but i trusted him and i went off to work.

i fliped out again blah blah like a month later after that or a couple cant remember i was getting off at work and at first he didnt want to meet up with me right away so right away i was pissed finally he called he was like pick me up when i got there i knew he was high i was like u got high i fliped out screaming i basically told him i cant take it anymore its either me or drugs and thats it and i told him u cant be with me and keep doing that i am not going to stand for it and he hasnt done it since then. i know he hasnt were with each other all the time he doesnt really chill with his old friends anymore hes going to school and basically with me all the time.

belive me i get worried sometimes and i still get a little shock up cuz i been dealing with this for a while. u dont want to see someone u love high like that i know i didnt.

so i under stand what u are going throw i think it takes u either talking to him or theres going to be the time where ur going to flip and let me tell u i was so mad i flipped out on him before but never like how i did i must have gotten accros to him cuz i basically had to threaten to leave him and maybe that sounds stupid but i didnt know of anyother way to make him see that he cant do it anymore.

so please just talk to him just let him know what the deal is.

I have friends who do coke. On occasion I'll do some. Some people have more addictive personalities than others. Some don't experience the horrific after affects (lack of sleep, depression, etc) and others simply don't do drugs period. I wouldn't consider myself a drug user per se, I wouldn't buy it nor would i do it on a monthly basis. I notice that the times I tend to partake I am usually feeling the need to go out and get crazy (work or personal stress). Is your bf happy with his life? You have every right to know whether or not he is dabbling, hey, although I'll do it once and awhile I wouldn't date anyone who does drugs (not fair, I know). Another question....how often does he go out with these guys and where are you during those times? In any relationship I believe that honesty and communication work better than threats, games or lies. It does you no good to continually ask him and not believe him. A person who does drugs all the time has bigger problems, people don't turn to drugs when they are happy with themselves and their lives.

Originally posted by Quicksilver

My boyfriend did some about a month ago and it was awful........

He was trembling all over. I thought he was going to hard a heart attack.

He was very paranoid was covering up all the windows in the house and even started covering the air conditioning vents.

He was looking through everything trying to check for drugs being planted by the police.

His eyes were very wide open you could say. He heard every noise.

He was up all night long talking......

It was a very bad trip.......

It was real scarry for me.......... It wore me out watching after him.

I was trying to sleep and he talked to me all night long. I had to go to work the next day I was not in a real good mood you could say.

Sounds more like he was smoking cocaine (free basing sometimes known as crack once it's dried from cooking).

These are all classic signs of someone who's smoking this drug more than snorting (at least people I've known). Paranoia is a HUGE clue!