LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Addiction & Recovery

Signs of someone using cocaine

Addiction & Recovery Recognizing, conquering, and coping with addictions, substance abuse & dependence.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:23 PM   #1
Al
Established Member

Signs of someone using cocaine

What are the signs of someone that is using cocaine? Actually, tell me anything and everything you guys know about cocaine, like how people use it, etc. I know that a guy friend of my boyfriend uses the stuff and I'm afraid that he's gonna get my boyfriend to use it/try it if he isn't already. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:32 PM   #2
Established Member

when on it you talk alot!!! more than one person goes into the bathroom or stall at a time to do lines... sniffling.... rubbing nose... cant sit still... eyes dialated.....
sally1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:38 PM   #3
EC
Established Member

Lots and lots of sniffing.

A guy I dated used to do it and I didn't know.

I thought he was always sick. Yeah right he was sniffling because of the cocaine.

Lots of rubbing of nose. Jittery. Hyper. Jumpy.

Goes to bathroom a lot or spend a while in the bathroom.

Long pinky nail

When they get a 'drip' which is when the cocaine is dripping from the insde of the nose down the throat it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth and if you kiss him you can taste it!
Yuck!

I think thats about it.

WHAT IF Love wasn't so hard?? Then what?
EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:38 PM   #4
Unconfirmed Account

Uh..okay..thinking back to my youth..

1) Talking a lot. (I never shut up!)
2) Cocky (I thought I was so damn funny when I was on coke. I really wasn't funny at all )
3) Runny nose/Sniffing a lot
4) Jittery/Unable to stand still
5) Lack of appetite
5) Insomnia (while on coke but I didn't notice any problem sleeping when I came off it)
6) Horny
7) Increased smoking (I smoked while using so I would smoke one right after another for hours)
8) Grinding teeth
9) Difficulty focusing

Just keep in mind that each person responds differently.
Olivia_19742004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:40 PM   #5
Established Member

Imagine a big chatty 2 yr old.

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth."
Fayebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:44 PM   #6

It's called "Post Nasal Drip"

Yes to the sniffing. And if they're unused to it, expect some loogie hawking (hocking) as well.

If a man does a lot of it, he won't be able to get it up.......(at least that's what I've been told )
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:46 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Spock
If a man does a lot of it, he won't be able to get it up.......(at least that's what I've been told )
My experiance- what goes up can't seem to go down
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:46 PM   #8
Unconfirmed Account

Well..from what I've seen they can get it up but they can't seem to orgasm. Maybe it's different for some but I've run in a few that have stimulated and been stimulated for hours and were as hard as could be but couldn't finish.
Olivia_19742004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:47 PM   #9
Al
Established Member

Well my boyfriend and his buddies have a tendency to stay out really late and I usually don't see him when he gets home but this past Friday they were at a party until 6:00 in the morning. I noticed the next day that there were bloody tissues in the bathroom, like someone had a bloody nose. Then Sunday I found half of the outside of a pen, like the ink was taken out and the pen was cut in half. When I scraped the inside, white powder fell out. But I can't prove who had the bloody nose or who the pen belonged to. I don't want to accuse my boyfriend of something he might not be doing. But then again, if he is doing drugs, I definitely want to know about it b/c I don't want to date anyone doing drugs.
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:47 PM   #10
EC
Established Member

LOL Olivia u just reminded me of my youth.

LOL I thought I was sooo damn funny. Boy I was wrong. I was also the stronget woman in the world. I was made of steel!

And I was so smart because I could talk about anything and I swore i knew exactly what I was talking about.

Thank god that was a one time phase and I'm never touching that stuff again.
It's just I did modeling and all the other models did it and I wanted to fit in and stay skinny.

I was so dumb now I understand why gown ups said
"If I knew then what I know now"
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:49 PM   #11
Established Member

Thumbs up AMEN SISTER!

Quote:
Originally posted by EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd
LOL Olivia u just reminded me of my youth.

LOL I thought I was sooo damn funny. Boy I was wrong. I was also the stronget woman in the world. I was made of steel!

And I was so smart because I could talk about anything and I swore i knew exactly what I was talking about.

Thank god that was a one time phase and I'm never touching that stuff again.
It's just I did modeling and all the other models did it and I wanted to fit in and stay skinny.

I was so dumb now I understand why gown ups said
"If I knew then what I know now"
Old 2nd August 2004, 2:49 PM   #12
EC
Established Member

an Al dont accuse but those are definite signs of cocaine use. Talk to your bf and ask who it belongs to.
Old 2nd August 2004, 3:28 PM   #13
Al
Established Member

I also heard that a sign is no nose hairs but is that something that would only occur after long term use or something that happens right away?
Old 22nd August 2004, 11:30 PM   #14
Established Member

The loss of many nose hairs occurs after longer term use. It won't happen right away.

Did you ask him about the pen again?
shamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2004, 2:38 PM   #15
Al
Established Member

I did confront my boyfriend about the pen and he said it wasn't his. He told me that he was going to find out who it belonged to and that his two friends that do cocaine on occasion were with him that night and he left his car unlocked at the party they were at so they did have access to his car. He told me later that he confronted one of his friends about it and they admitted to doing cocaine that night but that the pen wasn't his so he figures it belongs to his other guy friend who will never admit the pen is his b/c that's just the way he is.

Otherwise I can't tell any signs that my boyfriend is a user. He only goes with these guys maybe once a weekend or every other weekend and he gets home so late that I don't see him long enough to notice any signs anyways. I am assuming though that if he is doing cocaine that I will eventually notice some symptoms since I hear the drug is quite addicting and he wouldn't be able to just do it once every two weeks. At least that's my hope, unfortunately, is that if it's him the signs will be there.