1.5 Days without a cigarette!

I'm really excited I've lasted this long. I know I have so much to gain from quitting. I will be able to run better, and won't smell like a smokestack. Not to mention living a healthier life. Another day and a half and I can join the whyquit.com forums! Let me know if your quitting too, we can chat or something.

CosmoGirl1391

Congrats on trying to quit! You will feel better after you have quit! Just thought I would give you some other ideas for when you get cravings to maybe make it easier not to give in and smoke.

Always have some gum available so you can pop in a piece when you get a craving. Another good thing is to cut a straw in half and when you think you need a cigarrette, just use the straw and go through the motions of smoking with the straw. This is a very good idea for people who smoke out of habit.

Just take it one day at a time and one day you will realize that it's been a whole year since you've smoked!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Sundaymorning

I am proud of you. So many benefits of not smoking, I am sure you know them all.

I suppose I am most proud of you because I am going to be a school teacher and those kids will have to be around ONE less smoker.

Makes me sad when at the school where I work, there is this one child who comes to school everyday (4th grader) that reaks of cigarettes everyday- parents apparently smoke up a storm around him. You can smell him a few feet away.

If and when you have kids, they wont be smelling of smoke, know not to smoke, and will be much healthier.

So stopping smoking doesnt just help you, it helps many more!

• Author

Yeah, thanks! I'm taking it day by day, and hour by hour. It's hard but there are too many benefits. I used to be disgusted by smoking, and there I was after lambasting them, I was smoking them. Damn I'm glad it only took me four years before I decided to quit.

Originally posted by RazedUp505

I'm really excited I've lasted this long. I know I have so much to gain from quitting. I will be able to run better, and won't smell like a smokestack. Not to mention living a healthier life. Another day and a half and I can join the whyquit.com forums! Let me know if your quitting too, we can chat or something.

I am quitting as well. I started to smoke when I was 18, and now at 21 am attempting to totally stop. I did have a cigarette last night, after one week of not having any cigarettes, but I intend to go a full week this week. I no longer have any temptation to go out and buy cigarettes of my own, and I no longer get cravings for cigarettes. I just need to work on not accepting them when they are offered to me. I know that I can do it though.

I decided to quit for health reasons, but what really motivated me to quit was how I felt when I would smoke a cigarette. My stomach would get upset, my throat would hurt, and it was just standing around for five or ten minutes, killing myself.

I set forth to get more active. I started a weight training routine in my basement, walking every day, and jogging every few days. Every time I craved a cigarette I would go for a walk, or for a jog, and so far it has been working except in social situations.

Now I sit back and think, even though I have been strapped for cash lately, the little I get isn't wasted on cigarettes. Additionally, I am getting in much better shape, being productive and living a healthier lifestyle, and I feel so good about it. Standing around smoking cigarettes was never going to do that for me.

I'm almost at my target weight, and I'm jogging farther every time I go out :) It's wonderful, and I wish you the best of luck on quitting!

Originally posted by RazedUp505

hey! congrats! post every day if you need to - it will be inspiring!

• Author

My name is Ricky, and I am a nicotine addict.

I have stopped nicotine for 2 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 38 seconds (2 days).

I've not smoked 53 death sticks, and saved $6.64.

I've saved 4 hours and 25 minutes of my life.

Yay! Hey faux you can do it. If I take a drag I will go out and buy a pack. My physical addiction will, hopefully, end in 9 hours. My face broke out sick this weekend too for some reason. Thanks for being positive to me guys, I hope all of you who have this same horrible addiction can stick it to the man, and quit for good too.

Good for you razed. I'm proud of you. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago. It gets easier with time. My mom quit about 3 months b4 I did and she is now having the occasional smoke maybe 1 or 2 a week. I am so disappointed with her. But she seems to think it's no biggie, she's just doing it for the taste. If I go near some smokers not all I smell them and now it's yuck. :sick: It never bothered me when I was a smoker. Keep up the good work. :D

My doctor told me I had to quit after a bout with pnemonia. If I quit smoking though., I'd have to quit drinking and GWAD what would I do with myself????

Congrats on how long you've made it. You are giving me hope.

• Author
Originally posted by Arabess

If I quit smoking though., I'd have to quit drinking and GWAD what would I do with myself????

Live a lot longer that's what ;) Everything in moderation is the key. Except I can't smoke cigarettes anymore or I'll be addicted again.