What are the signs of cocaine?! :(

Selinamay

Hi, I'm new to this, really need help to save my family. Iv been with my partner for 4 years. I am now 22, he is 26. When we first got together, I knew he was into cocaine, but I didn't care then, I liked the "bad boy" image. Although due to the abuse of it, he had a heart attack at 22 years old!.. after a year I said, this needs to stop now, we're getting serious n I don't want this kind of life. So he promised to stop... Did he heck!! This went on for the next 2 years. 2 years of mental/emotional/minor physical abuse. Then it finally stopped! (I think).. For 2 years Im led to believe he's been clean.. But stil almost every week he goes out to the pub insisting that he's gunna have 1 quick been, then coincidently the phone goes off, he comes in anytime between 11-2, drunk but pulling a strange frowning face (which he blames to having a joint after drinking) but I remember he used to pull this face when he was on it. He is full of apologies, almost crying saying he's gunna change, but just puts it all down to the pub n completely denies using coke! I just don't believe it! He used to have such a major addiction n I can't believe this face pulling is fro

Havin a joint!! Please can people tell me some more signs I can look out for?! I'm saying this now as once again I'm at home on my own n he's still not home from the pub and I know what's coming!! I feel like I know what to look out for. Just need the backup!! Feel like he's driving me mad cos it's like I'm 98% sure he is but he just keeps denying it!.. But I know it?! Arrrgghhhh :(

Feelin Frisky

The one thing I can say is "he's in the life". I can't say from what you wrote what his cocaine use level is, but once you get into the life, you can't hang out and drink with people who have access to coke. I had it bad myself and my last coke use was in 1994. I had to move away and have no wheels or money or booze for a while to get me near the old spots. Alcohol and cocaine are like peanut butter and jelly--especially for young abusers who feel like they have forever to live. Just enough alcohol gets a coke head in the mood for a "bump" or a "blast" and if someone has it, being compromised by alcohol makes it impossible not to seek out that hit. Anyone with his history who is still going to bars and drinking is still "in the life" whether they use coke each time or not. Someone like that needs to want life free of both alcohol and the boost that coke gives which allows people to drink more. It's a cycle and there's no one or two. He need years. Perhaps permanently out of that life.

• Like 4

You can't make him stop. Truth of the matter is he won't stop until he is sick and tired of living that way.

All you can do is take care of yourself. Go to Naranon or Alanon and they will give you the tools on how to handle this.

There is also a site www.soberrecovery.com that has addicts and family of addict forums.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

"Research has revealed a potentially dangerous interaction between cocaine and alcohol. Taken in combination, the two drugs are converted by the body to cocaethylene. Cocaethylene has a longer duration of action in the brain and is more toxic than either drug alone. While more research needs to be done, it is noteworthy that the mixture of cocaine and alcohol is the most common two-drug combination that results in drug-related death."

I've never had first hand experience with a coke abuser so I'm not really fit to be giving you advice OP. All I can say is do some research and confront him about his use. You know what is best for you and your family.