"Moderation"

What is your definition of drinking in "moderation"?

To me it's not becoming noticably intoxicated.

Lauriebell82

I would say moderation is 1-2 drinks at a sitting. It's not moderation if you are doing this on a daily basis however.

"Everything in Moderation - including Moderation" - !

I don't drink - so for me, 'moderation' means making sure nobody's spiking for fun.....

In my neck of the woods, being able to blow legal at a roadside sobriety stop would be indicative to me of 'moderation'. That's .08% BAC here in Cali AFAIK. It's a rare occasion anymore when I have more than two drinks (like two bottles of beer or single mixed drinks) in an hour. At my weight, that's close. Then I stop and switch to water or juice.

If I were an alcoholic, zero drinks would be 'moderation'. I'd get 'drunk' on ginger ale.

make me believe

I guess nobody else agrees that you can get drunk once in awhile and still be drinking in moderation, but I think you can. I know it's not "moderate" at that particular instance, but if someone drinks to the point of intoxication on a Saturday night but doesn't drink at all during the week, I'd still consider that moderate overall. I would consider 1 drink a day moderation, even though you're doing it daily. 3 drinks a couple times a week would also be ok. I dunno. When I think of "moderation" I basically think "don't get hammered too often!"

Feelin Frisky

Moderation implies setting a limit and spreading that limit thoughout the evening. Presumably the limit is under intoxication. I think I've done that once or twice at some time in my life. *hiccups*

• 1 month later...