Feeling stuck!

After your done reading this you will unstand why prozac is my friend:bunny:. I have been with my husban since i was 16 years old. about 3 years into are relationship i just out with was using cocaine! I thought that if he loved me enough he would get help and stop. Me tring to find a way out of my parents house became a enabler to him. I would tell him i was leaving him and never follow though because he would put on his crying act and tell me he would die if i left and that i was his world! me being the sucker took him back everytime. He would go out for days at a time and not come home. I loved him and wanted to help and was to young to realize he had to want to be helped. The day he asked me to marry him he just came home from one of his binges what a fool i was to say yes but i still thought i could be his savor and also thought this was my out with my parents. He stopped for a bit at least thats what i thought but on my wedding night he left me to go out with his brother to use!:mad: Should have left then but didnt. We moved to savannah ga to get away from his friends thinking this was going to help! It did he got cleaned we had a baby and he got a good job things were going well. I got pregent again and told him i want to move back home to be closer to my sister. so we did and he stayed clean for 10 years. well guess what he is at it again and now i want to leave but i feel stuck because we have two boys with issues themselves. one has adhd and ocd and the other has adhd odd and explosive disorder. i am getting services for them and grant you no help from my husban but my children adore him. It would break there heart if i would tell their daddy to leave. i know i would be better off without him around mentally but afraid what it will do to my kids! they are my world and its took me a long time to get them the help they need and dont want this to put the progress they have made so far fall backwards! I have been living with addicts all my life both of my parents were and my dad was a abuser to me and my siblings! I want and need to break this chain but fearful of what it will do to my children! HELP!:sick:

PS my husbans mother and father were herion addicts and his father died of a herion od when he was 2 years old! Is it in his genes!

Hi, it is like your husband's family has this issue, it becomes a 'tradition'. I've heard many similar stories, that if a great grandfather had anger issue, then the grandfather also had, then the father also had. But this circle can be broken. Do you know Paula White? she had this 'tradition' in her family as well, in the past if I remembered what she said right, her grandmother was raped, then her mother, then she. But Paula broke the pattern by love and power of God, she is having a healthy and successful life right now. it is her personal testimony.

Do you know some good christian church communities? or communities that help people quit addiction. You need help from outside. If you believe in God, prayer can change people. Some drug addictors said they were set free instantly by power of God.

Anyway, considering your children's future, it is worth to fight and find out. some churches may help you on this problem.

Yesterday I just heard there is a good book, The Shack, about healing and recovery, I didn't read yet, but sounds like it is pretty good :)