LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Would it be Coerced Consent or Rape?

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CautiouslyOptimistic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 5:26 PM   #1

Would it be Coerced Consent or Rape?

Let's say a woman is in a relationship and they are cuddling in bed watching a movie. The bf starts kissing on her neck and they end up in a full on make out session. Now this is where the question I asked comes in. He starts becoming sexually aggressive and persistent. If she is trying to push him off of her, and trying to wiggle back to get out from under him, then she is gripping her jeans trying to keep them up as he is trying to take them off. Nothing seems to get him to stop trying and she eventually just gives in. Wouldn't this be an example of coerced consent? I'm curious what others would view this as.
AlmostHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:42 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostHappy View Post
Let's say a woman is in a relationship and they are cuddling in bed watching a movie. The bf starts kissing on her neck and they end up in a full on make out session. Now this is where the question I asked comes in. He starts becoming sexually aggressive and persistent. If she is trying to push him off of her, and trying to wiggle back to get out from under him, then she is gripping her jeans trying to keep them up as he is trying to take them off. Nothing seems to get him to stop trying and she eventually just gives in. Wouldn't this be an example of coerced consent? I'm curious what others would view this as.
I call it DISRESPECT. And yes, coerced consent. If not actual rape.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:42 PM   #3
Established Member

It's coercion. But no matter how you label the act, it was still an act of violence against the woman. He knew she did not want to have sex, yet did it anyway. Let's be clear that true consent is when both parties WANT to have sex.

Did your husband do this to you AlmostHappy?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
It's coercion. But no matter how you label the act, it was still an act of violence against the woman. He knew she did not want to have sex, yet did it anyway. Let's be clear that true consent is when both parties WANT to have sex.

Did your husband do this to you AlmostHappy?
This did happen to me, but not by my husband. This was a past bf and to this day I don't know how to feel about it.
Old Today, 5:55 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
This did happen to me, but not by my husband. This was a past bf and to this day I don't know how to feel about it.
If you're still thinking about it, you think bad about it.
basil67 likes this.
Old Today, 5:55 PM   #6
Established Member

It's sexual assault. It's date rape. There are several different types of rapists, and some people consider date rapists one, but the truth is a date rapist is just a rapist and will fit into one of those types. You said no and he forced you and instead of putting yourself in danger of him getting violent, you gave in. You're a survivor. But he's a rapist. You should report him. Maybe they will press changes and maybe they won't, but it will make him think twice about doing it to the next woman.

For support and guidance google and find a women's shelter or rape crisis center in your area. they can help guide you.
Old Today, 8:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
I call it DISRESPECT. And yes, coerced consent. If not actual rape.
Thank you, this was a very complicated time, and I almost feel like I deserved what I got for what I chose to do.
Old Today, 8:30 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Thank you, this was a very complicated time, and I almost feel like I deserved what I got for what I chose to do.
I get it. I feel like I was date raped once, but I didn't even find out we had sex until 2 weeks after it happened (when he told me, on our second and last date). I feel similarly since I was drinking that night, but not any more than usual. Yet I have zero recollection of it .

Decent and intelligent men know what consent means. Period.
Old Today, 8:32 PM   #9

I have been thinking about this for a few years now. I feel like I deserved what happened to me for making the choices I made. This short relationship took place during a separation from my husband, we decided after all that happened to try and make our marriage work.