Confident socially but shy & distrustful with men due to abus

Loud_but_shy

Loud_but_shy

I am very confident, I like my looks & my body. But emotionally I am shy & distrustful towards men who I'm interested in.

I was always shy with boys growing up & a 'rescuer' in my adult relationships. I am not shy sexually in my relationships but emotionally I hold back. In fact its got even worst as I've got older due to two abusive relationships in the past.

Now I have changed my ways & like different types of men now I am finding it hard to find somebody new because I hold back.

I really like shy or introverted men with kind ways but I find it hard to ask them out or tell them how I feel. I would love to get into a relationship with a nice man & open up emotionally to him.

I really liked this kind introverted guy but let him go due to this & he was also very shy so we both flirted but didn't make a move!

Does anybody have any advice on approaching shy or introverted men?

I think they're just like anyone else. They just want to know you're interested. Probably just takes a smile and maybe an opening conversation, like "I used to have a sweater that color, I really loved that thing. I sure miss it." And if he doesn't continue the conversation, maybe "So is that your favorite color?" Which requires an actual answer. And then just kind of draw the conversation out with him. Maybe let him know where you'll be the next day, in case he'd like to get a cup of coffee. That sort of thing.

• Like 1