LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

I can't believe he threw a phone at me!

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2005, 5:18 AM   #16
Unconfirmed Account

Re: I can't believe he threw a phone at me!

[color=indigo]PLEASE LEAVE HIM[/color]
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 6:11 AM   #17
Unconfirmed Account

Take further steps.

HE's making excuses fro himself, he even thinks it's ok to throw things at you because he was angry. Girl, you're putting it wrong.

He hit you because he wouldn't know how to take a JOKE. A joke. Remember that.

You're married for... how long? YEar and a half?

HE'd better be running to see a counselor as we speak. What happenes when you have 2 kids, 2 full time jobs, a cat, and credits to pay? When you'll have pressure, be stresed etc? How will he stand by you and help you then?

He is a spoiled brat, but, you, girl, are NOT his mom to take it. Don't make any excuses for him, he f*cking hit you.

That's my reality check. I know it's hard, phonelady, no relationship is ever easy. But you needn't be afraid of what you say to your husband or in the presence of your husband. That is not sane. So make him get help A.S.A.P. for his sake and for your marriage's sake.
CurlyIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 5:36 PM   #18
Saucy

Re: Update:

Quote:
Originally posted by phonelady
He started to get angry, and said, "If you don't like it, you can leave!" (he always says that during and argument, but then after the argument, he'll say that he didn't mean it, and apologize) I said, "That shouldn't even be an OPTION for you!" He immediately apologized.
In my opinion this is alot worse than what phonelady said on the phone!! AND he apparently "always" says it!
Old 15th February 2005, 12:57 AM   #19
JoL
Established Member

I agree with saucy- it's a method of control. my ex would do it to me all the time. If i actually acted on it he would start to scream about how i dont care and how easy it is to walk away from him and how could i?? When HE was the one suggesting it to begin with! It's the warped world of an abuser im afraid. they dont see logic. EVER
JoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 6:49 AM   #20
Unconfirmed Account

Yes LOGIC is the keyword here.
And the more you try to explain things calmly and logically to an abuser the more incensed they grow.
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 8:44 PM   #21

Angry Mad too!

I have a husband that just threw something at me too, that's when I came on here and found your story.
He always throws or punches things in fits of anger. Last night he slapped my 7 year old son for no reason at all. I have been married for 9 years and 6 months, and told him if he ever threw anything at me again I was walking out the door. He said I wasn't going anywhere and laughed at me. I told him to try it and see. He went to throw something else and then put it down, and I walked away. All this because my washing machine broke, and I let him know it was broken. He laughed at me about that too. I won't accept it. He can kiss my @$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some men are large children, and I refuse to be his mother. I have 2 small children that I am a mother to, I refuse to babysit a 38 year old man too. Next time he does anything like that, he gets counseling, or I am outta here.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; 2nd April 2005 at 8:52 PM..
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 9:10 PM   #22
Established Member

Re: Mad too!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerseygirl
I have a husband that just threw something at me too, that's when I came on here and found your story.
He always throws or punches things in fits of anger. Last night he slapped my 7 year old son for no reason at all. I have been married for 9 years and 6 months, and told him if he ever threw anything at me again I was walking out the door. He said I wasn't going anywhere and laughed at me. I told him to try it and see. He went to throw something else and then put it down, and I walked away. All this because my washing machine broke, and I let him know it was broken. He laughed at me about that too. I won't accept it. He can kiss my @$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some men are large children, and I refuse to be his mother. I have 2 small children that I am a mother to, I refuse to babysit a 38 year old man too. Next time he does anything like that, he gets counseling, or I am outta here.
Jerseygirl, don't wait for next time, you know there will be a next time, force his @$$ to counselling right now and tell him that the next time he hits ANYONE you are calling the police out to the house on a domestic violence complaint and then call the police when it happens.

For yourself and your 7 year old son (who is being taught to be an abuser by his father) you need to learn more about domestic violence and abuse. Google "domestic violence" and start reading. Best of luck to you Jersey.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2005, 4:12 PM   #23
Established Member

phonelady you two sound more like brother & sister then husband & wife. His actions all stem from immaturity. You two have communication problems as well. You two don't know how to 'argue' constructivly. I would suggest a marriage counselor. Also check out my link in my signature have him read it as well.
jmargel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2005, 6:13 PM   #24
Established Member

He is aggressive and violent. It's a matter of time when he will start beating you and I will tell you the exact date: when you get pregnant. These type of men will hide their violent nature until the wife is deeply stuck with them with 2-3 children and no job so they can't run away. If I were you...well...YKW.
He hurt you physically over nothing.
Let's analyze the reason why he hurt you. You mentioned the word "divorce." If you even think of divorce, even bring it as a joke you get hurt. Suppose you really want to get divorced. I have a feeling that he would beat the hell out of you. If you want to announce that to him some day, please make sure you're protected and you tell your parents and sisters (if any) to not open the door to him.
He is unpredictable and dangerous.
Do you want to be on of those women who have to murder their husbands in order to get rid of them? Or do you want to end up 6 feet under when you oppose him? (Obviously you're all defensive and can't oppose him no matter what).
How much does it take from throwing a phone to throwing a statue or a big vase that can hit your head and kill you? How long does it take for a violent person to start hitting you with objects that will kill you?
Do you want to live with a man you fear of? If you think I am exaggerating, talk to a therapist about his behavior and ask them to give you an analysis of his profile.
He is the type of men who sits in jail.
RecordProducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2005, 9:56 PM   #25
Established Member

People, if you're going to answer, answer the current questioner.
moimeme is offline   Reply With Quote