Transitional Characters...

Gloria25

I recently heard this term "transitional characters" on my fav podcaster's show and my recent postings today related to parenthood made me think of this.

Seems a "transitional character" refers to people who may have come from abusive parents/childhoods and break that cycle of abuse to change not only their lineage/dependents, but the community/world.

I have and am very proud of my brother (hence, why I sacrifice a lot for them) cuz, while I have chosen the path of not having children and all of my sisters and half-relatives had failed in parenting and subjected their children to their selfish whims and/or abuse (pretty much following our mum and dad's ways)...my brother is a great husband and dad.

Not once has he neglected and/or abused his wife and kids...he is a "present" dad...and, he works hard to provide for them. My dad was a selfish, womanizng bum who abused us mentally and physically and I am proud to see that so far, my brother is the "transitional character" that will break the cycle of abuse in our lineage...

Anyone care to comment, opine, and/or share stories?