Was this an emotionally abusive relationship?

Eighty_nine

I'm asking even though I think I know the answer. I just want help looking at things for what they really are, looking at him for who he was. I want to take my rose colored glasses off for good.

Instead of detail I'll just provide the general pattern of this relationship. Him getting super close to be, sharing and intense intimacy, contacting me constantly and really connecting. And then randomly texting me, usually the next morning, to end it for no reason or to tell me he "doesn't have feelings for me." This was always via text and very often out of NOWHERE.

After, I would obviously be upset, and he would engage me in big long discussions about 'having no feelings'- effectively increasing my sadness. Then if and when I got too sad call me "crazy", "dramatic" or "psychotic."

And after this, a few days or even hours later he would apologize profusely, cry, etc., and the pattern would begin all over again.

He did all of this probably two dozen times.

Also lied to me about seeing another girl, screamed in my face on more than one occasion, wanted to keep me a secret, and refused to meet my needs. Everything was all about HIM.

Yes, the pattern and the name-calling and his crying thereafter to reel you back in through your own compassion, guilt, kindness of heart...emotionally abusive.

Whether or not HE is mentally stable...that is up for debate. But his own mental health does not mitigate his/its effect, impact on you. (They are two completely separate issues.)

Sounds like it to me, you can't say hurtful things about another person like that and then want them back time after time.