Kudos to the LS team.

I posted a question on another dating/relationship advice site recently. I wont get into why I posted it there as it is irrelevant to the topic but for personal reasons I felt it would be better not to post it here.

I was trashed, smashed, had some guy picture scan my profile pic and pull up my work and my real name, and despite the moderator being involved in the conversation was left with only one out of many of the posters actually proffering me advice while the rest used me as a verbal punching bag. My question was quite sound, love and relationships are tricky.

Gotta hand it to LS. This site actually is a place where people try to give, offer, and look for advice. I've not seen a thread go completely sideways here yet although I'm sure it's happened and the mods dealt with it.

Active moderation rules.

Go LS team.

• Like 2

With thousands of threads and postings, it's an often difficult task to manage in a fair and balanced manner but we make every effort.

Personally, I follow this direction:

"LoveShack.org is not a state-run organization. We're a private organization founded by individuals with a goal of providing a framework best suited to productive collaboration and self-discovery. Our guidelines are not intended as a means of oppression, but rather to prevent the opinions of a less vocal minority from being repressed and encouraging scholarly debate. While the site is open to anyone who would like to participate, when doing so you're guests in our private home and are subject to the boundaries we set. Posting here is a privilege, not a right."

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/general/loveshack-org-questions-comments/45340-posting-engage-rather-than-preach#post474809

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1
  • Author
William said:
With thousands of threads and postings, it's an often difficult task to manage in a fair and balanced manner but we make every effort.

Personally, I follow this direction:

"LoveShack.org is not a state-run organization. We're a private organization founded by individuals with a goal of providing a framework best suited to productive collaboration and self-discovery. Our guidelines are not intended as a means of oppression, but rather to prevent the opinions of a less vocal minority from being repressed and encouraging scholarly debate. While the site is open to anyone who would like to participate, when doing so you're guests in our private home and are subject to the boundaries we set. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.".

I ran a very popular extreme sport oriented board from '05-'09 and you guys are really nice about it. Our motto was

This board supports freedom of speech - as long as we like what the f**k your saying. If not you or your thread may be removed without notice.

Lol

Great board dont change a thing.